Looking to buy a good limbing saw, prefer Jred or?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytee

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a good new or used small limbing saw with about a 10 inch or so bar and I would like to find a good Jonsered or another quality saw. Whats a good one and more importantly what a bad one to steer clear of?

I switched over to all Stihls about ten years ago. But, I have a little Echo 305 I got about 15 years ago, with a 14" bar and I love it. Only work it ever needed was a piece of carb linkage broke. My mechanic said by the time he pulled it and took the carb apart it would cost about the same as putting a new carb on, so I went with the new carb. That was just last year. Just got in from using it to trim up a pile of brush, Joe.

I'm looking to buy a good new or used small limbing saw with about a 10 inch or so bar and I would like to find a good Jonsered or another quality saw. Whats a good one and more importantly what a bad one to steer clear of?
Couple of years ago I bought a J/RED CS2240.It's 40 cc saw,1.8 hp,9.5 lbs less bar/chain/fuel& oil.Bar length is 13 to 18 inches.Chain is.325X.050. 7 tooth spur sprocket.Chain spd. is 17.3 M/Sec.I have a 16 in bar.After break in this little saw just flat rips!It can be used for wood bigger then small limbs.Only negative for me was it was a hard starter until break in. I can definitely recommend it!

Echo CS-310 and CS-352 are 8.8 lbs. Dolmar PS-32 is 9.1 lbs. These models are probably the best values in small saws. I have used my PS-32 quite a bit and like it very much. Just tried out my new CS-352 this weekend and it seems like a real nice saw once I pulled the limiter caps and gave it a real tune.

These saws use the very common A041 Oregon mount so bar and chain choices are plentiful and cheap.

Latest posts

Back