Looking to hire subcontractor to split firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about numbers....are they clear cutting 20 acres?
2 processors...they should be done in a 3 weeks or so by your numbers....

Avalancher has got this guy pegged....funny how that happens...must be all of those my cat up in trees ordeals with Mom & Daughter crying their eyes out....makes a guy seasoned to knowing BS when he sees it...good call AV!

There's another saying...this thread is worthless without pics.

He is not cutting the lot, it a old log lot that has been stockpiled for over 20 years they have been dumping wood on the lot. they have tens of thousands of cords of wood to process from many tree companies there is so much wood he will end up having to grind most of it to get off the project in time for the developer to go forward with his project!

Talk about numbers....are they clear cutting 20 acres?
2 processors...they should be done in a 3 weeks or so by your numbers....

Avalancher has got this guy pegged....funny how that happens...must be all of those my cat up in trees ordeals with Mom & Daughter crying their eyes out....makes a guy seasoned to knowing BS when he sees it...good call AV!

There's another saying...this thread is worthless without pics.

Unfortunately, reading comprehension seems to be running rampant on this site! sorry for your affliction! you can get help!!

Ain't that the truth! I must have burned through at least 600 cords last year trying to heat my old farmhouse but this year should be better, I installed a roof.

attachment.php

Next year I'll be able to afford windows which will really cut down on my wood usage!

Ha! Cool pic. Like your sig too. Herman's the guy.:rock:

Thank you for the offer, but i will pass, I need to keep my cost under control, Trucking this much wood to you and then trucking it back would be outrageous, good luck to you!

What?No flying carpet?WTF? Hell, as long as you are living in la la land, dream yourself up a flying carpet and zip that wood on over there. Drop some over here in Newport, my 35,652,454,457 cords I busted up last night aint going to last long, I could use some more. I woulda busted up some more, but my splittin maul got a little dull after mistaking my neighbors VW for a large round in the dark after I ran oughta candles to see with.

If that is oughta the question, maybe 3621542 screaming mexicans with wheel barrows could run the stuff on over. I hear they get 36 miles to the burrito.

Surely you got a coupla hundred wheelbarrows in that garden center of yours right?

Just stay off of interstate 81 though. The state cops hate anything with one wheel on em. I got busted last week towing my log splitter home with my unicycle, and I thought that cop would never stop writing. I just about out ran that son of a gun until the chain got stuck up in my britches again. Next time I am wearing shorts!

Well, as my wife says, "with all that BS you shovel out, you oughta be a master at recognizing a forkful."

Reckon she is right, lord knows I probably shovel more than anyone around here. But i like to think that everyone around here recognizes my BS for what it is, and thats a stab at humor. Can honestly say I have never shoveled BS in the vain hopes of getting sombody's hopes up about a job. That just aint right in my book.

To many desperate folks around looking to make an honest buck to fool with that.

This is a honest Offer, so many members have hijacked my post for thier own entertainment,
I'm paying $40.00 per cord cut and split with settlements every 5 days, I would even front fuel and food money if some one really needed it! I would even go day to day settlements until some one got comfortable with the project so that no one has to lock in! I don't understand the hostility, if you don't want to do the project just say nothing!

He is not cutting the lot, it a old log lot that has been stockpiled for over 20 years they have been dumping wood on the lot. they have tens of thousands of cords of wood to process from many tree companies there is so much wood he will end up having to grind most of it to get off the project in time for the developer to go forward with his project!

Stock piled logs do not last that long. Turn into a pile of rot pretty quick...

this crap is like a car wreck, ya just can't look away:dizzy:

No! Dont look away! I am just fixin to make that friggin wood pile disapear! hang on,.........crap....

What was that magic word again?Crap...........now I gotta go buy another box of crackerjacks again......

####. I was fixin to wow the pants off ya. Ljute, dont get excited. Least not yet...

I don't know about SPLITTING your wood, but there's a guy here that goes by the name "The Woodsman" that will squat atop your wood and bounce for virtually nothing.

Since New York has a 50 mile rule on shipping non-kiln dried firewood, not sure about timber to be processed but I that certainly fits the spirit if not the letter of the law...

Where the hell on Long Island is he coming up with 72,000 cords/year to keep the machines fed at that pace?

You know, one of the most heavily populated places in the nation that's a terminal moraine whose sandy soils support a predominant forest type, where it remains, is pitch pine and scrub oak?

You're talking 10-12 tri axle grapple truck loads a day of tops to keep those two things fed.

I've been staying off this thread since till now because something never smelled quite right from the first post, but now we're into some kind of fantasy land.

Long island is predominantly older suburban with a lot of old growth trees, I can easily have 3 of 4 tree companies suply me with 10 triaxle loads a day of old growth oak, maple and ash, its all here! No one said 72,000 cords per year, the machines can punch out 12-15 thousand each per year so thats 30k, Call cord king if you dont believe me, they have 4 or five machine here on long island with one of the newest ones just delivered to my neighbor. again something about reading comprehension and this thread, you guys are just not reading my post or you backing into it on the fly or you just are piece mealing it! go back and read what i said!

all of you non believers, google Cord King and watch the Cord king 60 series eat logs!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...56TODw&usg=AFQjCNGLk9_VTFahOA5XoCo6xMEOrRc96A

Stock piled logs do not last that long. Turn into a pile of rot pretty quick...

WTF are you talking about? When you live in LaLa land, logs last forever. And if you are real lucky, they dry out to -80 percent moisture, split all by themselves, and even self ignite when you shove em in the stove. Trust me, I know.spent some time there myself 10 summers ago.

Old boy I was visiting was spraying laquer based stain in his woodshop's paintshop, and I parked myself up on a workbench to supervise. Before ya know it, I was off in LaLa land. Them paint cans started dancin around and speaking some kind of wild french talk, and the damn dog had three tails to em.
Even his mom looked good, I think she was like 163 years old or something. I was going to leave after a bit, but coudnt find the dang truck anywhere, I reckon some weasel stole the thing while I was inside. But after hunting around I noticed all the trees crashing to the ground around me, and lining right up like cord wood. Bark peeled right off, and the brush ran right down the road singing some friggin song from Happy Days. I sure am glad to find out LaLa land is in NewYork, I have looked on Google maps till my eye balls popped out with nary a sign.

I asked the gal at the local truck stop once how to get there, and she just pointed to some lot lizard out back.Hell, she didnt know either.

Long island is predominantly older suburban with a lot of old growth trees, I can easily have 3 of 4 tree companies suply me with 10 triaxle loads a day of old growth oak, maple and ash, its all here! No one said 72,000 cords per year, the machines can punch out 12-15 thousand each per year so thats 30k, Call cord king if you dont believe me, they have 4 or five machine here on long island with one of the newest ones just delivered to my neighbor. again something about reading comprehension and this thread, you guys are just not reading my post or you backing into it on the fly or you just are piece mealing it! go back and read what i said!

all of you non believers, google Cord King and watch the Cord king 60 series eat logs!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...56TODw&usg=AFQjCNGLk9_VTFahOA5XoCo6xMEOrRc96A

Long Island eh? Well i guess ole Tomtrees58 can vouch for ya then cause he definitely would be one of those four tree companies, right?

http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?u=21242

I fired off a PM to old tom, after all if he is a good buddy of yours and hands you all that wood, I am sure he would love to come on over and join our discussion,seeing as you guys just gotta be buddies and all.
Its important to stay in touch with old buddies!

Last edited:
Long Island eh? Well i guess ole Tomtrees58 can vouch for ya then cause he definitely would be one of those four tree companies, right?

http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?u=21242

I fired off a PM to old tom, after all if he is a good buddy of yours and hands you all that wood, I am sure he would love to come on over and join our discussion,seeing as you guys just gotta be buddies and all.
Its important to stay in touch with old buddies!

What is his company name? ask him about global land materials! See what he says!

I wanna bid

I have a 16 inch saw and a splitter maul. You did say you will pay for gas and food? What about lodging? I would want to go home every weekend. I live in Mississippi......:hmm3grin2orange:

What is his company name? ask him about global land materials! See what he says!

Dude. you keep making conflicting statements. On this thread you say you are not in the firewood business, post #12
http://www.arboristsite.com/employment-forum/183849.htm

But looking on your website, you say you sell firewood
Wix.com Global Land Materials created by karta35 based on Reg top menu 3

then you say you arent selling it, just giving it away, post #21
http://www.arboristsite.com/employment-forum/183849-2.htm

So which is it?

You gotta expect folks to give you a razzing if every time you open your mouth something different pops out.

And what is even more weird, when I call the number on Global's website,
20 Arthur Ave
PO Box 86
Brookhaven, NY 11719
(631) 286-3322

and ask for Don, they said they dont have a Don there. When I asked to speak to the owner, he said his name isnt Don.

Kinda weird.Did you forget your name too?

Cord king 60
One of my neighbors has 2 of them and he is processing 5-6 cords per hour with a mixed bag of wood types,

No one said 72,000 cords per year, the machines can punch out 12-15 thousand each per year so thats 30k,

Ok, my bad -- I must've multiplied once two many times.

5.5 cords/hour x 8 hours/day x 5 days/week x 52 weeks/year x 2 machines = 22,880...assuming no major repairs, maintenance done off hours, there's enough staff every day including holidays to run the equipment, no weather shutdowns, etc. So your numbers aren't adding up to 30k either unless you're running them 60 hours/week with virtually no unscheduled downtime.

Wix.com Global Land Materials created by karta35 based on Reg top menu 3

According to these pictures he doesn't need any help whatsoever and he most certainly is in the firewood business. Also thos post says green wood. The website clearly says seasoned. He probably won't "donate" until next year. Review posted on citysearch from 2008.

Insider Pages Reviews for Global Land Materials
Have experience with this business? Write a Review.

★★★★☆ Garden Material
donna c. | Insider | Rank: 19,784 4 Global Land Materials
They offer every type of mulch for your gardens. The black mulch maintains it's color and keeps the weeds down. They also offer stone as well. Fast delivery, however this year they had a flat delivery fee due to the high cost of gas. In the past it was free delivery within the Bellport area. Global also sells firewood for your winter needs.

October 19, 2008

Quick google search of "tree removal Long Island New York" pulled up way more than four companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back