Looking to hire subcontractor to split firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long island is predominantly older suburban with a lot of old growth trees, I can easily have 3 of 4 tree companies suply me with 10 triaxle loads a day of old growth oak, maple and ash, its all here!

I'm aware of the suburban trees.

I'm also aware of the complex logistics it would take to coordinate assembling those 10 triaxles from probably 30 to 40 crews each day and forming it into a steady supply. Which is why they usually chip anything that can be chipped including lots of good firewood.

Folks usually get large supply of firewood from forestry operations where you're scheduling the resources much more efficiently. Arborists are removing waste from many small locations, foresters are harvesting many trees from a few locations and it's a different workflow.

The processor boys are also going to be like sawmills. None to happy when the saw on their processor bites into old swing set hardware or the concrete plug someone patched a yard tree with years ago. Not nearly as bad as sawmill blades, but not something you're wanting downtime from when dealing with payments on a $125,000 machine.

Dude. you keep making conflicting statements. On this thread you say you are not in the firewood business, post #12
http://www.arboristsite.com/employment-forum/183849.htm

But looking on your website, you say you sell firewood
Wix.com Global Land Materials created by karta35 based on Reg top menu 3

then you say you arent selling it, just giving it away, post #21
http://www.arboristsite.com/employment-forum/183849-2.htm

So which is it?

You gotta expect folks to give you a razzing if every time you open your mouth something different pops out.
Global Land materials is my neighbor who owns the 2 Cord King processors, he is clearing the 20 acer log dump and he has 80 acer he manufactures mulch topsiol and other products! I knew your friend would know him. there are hundred if not thousands of tree service companies on long island, there are probably 30-40 that have new Tri-axle logging trucks, some of them even do 4 turns a day with them! there is that much tree maint going on LI
Im not in the fire wood business, We are ito nursery stock, trees shrubs, and bedding plants, we also own a precast company and several other business that I would love to debate you about but is it really worth it. I have 3 serious companies that are willing to do this project and I will close my deal by wednesday, this has been entertaining!

Here's a thought:

OK, so it might be generous to call it a thought but...

If acf11 is genuine, you have to marvel at their composure and willingness to entertain (or was that sustain?) the abuse, disrespect and what some might consider uncharitable attitude displayed towards them. Granted, it's not helped by their suitably vague and limited disclosure and I don't blame people for being sceptical. But it's interesting and entertaining, so, on with the show...
:popcorn:

I think acf11 belongs in the AS member hall of fame as troll of the year. His other two threads have been locked so it is just a matter of time before this one gets shut down.

To hell with the charities and charlatans. What really matters to most and it's a

modern day miracle nobody has come forth to ask this question yet, but, how does one get Xmas-tree-red A's by their username? Are they the devils work? The anti-rep?

I mean, if we read AS backwards, does it subliminally spell out acf11 or somefink?

Last edited:
there are hundred if not thousands of tree service companies on long island, there are probably 30-40 that have new Tri-axle logging trucks, some of them even do 4 turns a day with them! there is that much tree maint going on LI

Never questioned the volume of suburban trees.

Questioned the cost and effort involved with setting up a system to deliver 10 triaxles of suburban waste wood logs a day to firewood operation.

There's a REASON why you now have a 20 acre dump you're going through and picking firewood logs out of it instead of having someone processing the logs as they originally arrived.

They were locked out because one of the members GeeVee decided to use Racism, anti semitic, hate speech and lets through in gay bashing, I will let the other readers decide who crossed the line!
The Editor of the site got so scared about what was being said she blocked the two threads and penalized GeeVee what ever that means, I'm hear and i'm not going to be bullied by anyone who wants to debate!

Here is Geevees comments to me

1. Here is a little ditty that Member GeeVee left for me!!

ACF is a complete Richard
....and not real bright, either.

ACF? Move along dilweed.

You are an idiot. You don't spell well enough for me to take you seriously. Your math is seriously flawed, and far too overly optimistic. Your sales technique sucks so bad, I'd be surpised if your "Garden Center" is more than a summertime fruit stand on the corner of State Road 13 and US 121.

Frankly, you are demonstrating characteristics of a stereotype of a couple of different nationalities/cultures that plain and simple I won't say out loud because I'm just not that prejudiced.

Beat it you JewBastard/Iranianlyincheatingandstealing scumbag douche.

Yeah, nice try with the "I'm going to donate it to the needy" How do find a way to lie through your teeth, with that big uncircumsizedcock in your mouth?

Your kind always thinks they know more than everyone else, and some of you have success, because you work hard to find a sucker to take advantage of. Like any other thief, you're #### heel who will steal someone's dirty underwear just so you don't have to do laundry.

Here's a tip: You want to donate it? Let them come and cut and split it themselves. If you're such a charitable benefactor you'll understand letting those that need help, help themselves.

No, You're not going to do that are you? Because you're in it for the money, and you don't care who you butt####.

And you won't even have the courtesy to give anyone a reacharound.

Yes, you are a complete idiot to think your going to peddle that lame math you're espousing as a well thought out buisiness plan around here, and not get laughed out of town. Frankly If I were closer with the way I feel right now, I think I'd have to expose you as a total scam artist, and burn you like a match.

Whats the name of your chump ass "Garden Center"?

End quote!!

Isnt he Charming!

This is the type of abuse i have put up with for the last 4 days since I have become a member!

So..... you post the same remarks that got the other two threads locked, in here, for what reason? Just to get this one locked as well? Think before you post.

Never questioned the volume of suburban trees.

Questioned the cost and effort involved with setting up a system to deliver 10 triaxles of suburban waste wood logs a day to firewood operation.

There's a REASON why you now have a 20 acre dump you're going through and picking firewood logs out of it instead of having someone processing the logs as they originally arrived.

The lot was purchased for $18 million and they need the lot cleared before the town will let them go forward with the permiting process! they contracted my friend to clear it in the next 2 years!

Global Land materials is my neighbor who owns the 2 Cord King processors, he is clearing the 20 acer log dump and he has 80 acer he manufactures mulch topsiol and other products! I knew your friend would know him. there are hundred if not thousands of tree service companies on long island, there are probably 30-40 that have new Tri-axle logging trucks, some of them even do 4 turns a day with them! there is that much tree maint going on LI
Im not in the fire wood business, We are ito nursery stock, trees shrubs, and bedding plants, we also own a precast company and several other business that I would love to debate you about but is it really worth it. I have 3 serious companies that are willing to do this project and I will close my deal by wednesday, this has been entertaining!

I closed the other thread,I also deleted the post that had the racial remark in it. I also deleted the repeat in this thread of the racial post. It has nothing to do with being scared as you said,that kind of language is not allowed on this site.We had several complaints about it from other members.I checked it out,agreed with them and shut the other thread down. I was not aware of this thread and just came upon it.I can not believe that you re-quoted that post.
I also see from your post above that you have found folks to do your work. So I will close this thread also because it is no longer needed and would suggest that you do not post another one about this topic,thanks Dave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back