Looking to replace a small (30-33cc) chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idle screw is turned In? Open up L screw (CCW) to 2 turns and re-try.
Did you open and clean the carb? Check carb diaphragms? - If that is new to you, just get a new carb. A rebuild kit is $4-$6, while a new clone carb is $10 shipped from China or $15 shipped from USA.
I've bought dozens from Huztl and had good luck.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...060092?hash=item43ee5fbb3c:g:P8wAAOSwvU5XNWWT

I did not clean the carb (lack of carb cleaner). I'll pick up a couple cans tomorrow. I was considering getting an entire new carb. The small savings to rebuild isn't worth the time for me.

What is the general consensus on aftermarket carbs for a chainsaw? My saw uses a Walbro WT89 carb. A genuine replacement is $25:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/kitcarburetor-walbrowt89-p-237730.html

I find a ton of "replacement" carbs on Amazon and Ebay for $10-15 but it is clear that they are aftermarket. I just watched someone's Youtube review pointing out several observations on the aftermarket designs (poor finish, constricted venturi, etc.). The video never goes into exploring if those are real problems that equal issues with how the saw runs so I wanted to ask. From the comment above, it sounds like at least 1 person has had good luck with aftermarket parts.

Thanks!

What is the general consensus on aftermarket carbs for a chainsaw? My saw uses a Walbro WT89 carb. A genuine replacement is $25:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/kitcarburetor-walbrowt89-p-237730.html

I find a ton of "replacement" carbs on Amazon and Ebay for $10-15 but it is clear that they are aftermarket. I just watched someone's Youtube review pointing out several observations on the aftermarket designs (poor finish, constricted venturi, etc.). The video never goes into exploring if those are real problems that equal issues with how the saw runs so I wanted to ask. From the comment above, it sounds like at least 1 person has had good luck with aftermarket parts.

Thanks!

If you insist on buying a new carb,try this one:http://www.mowers4u.com/poulan-weed...1-carburetor-assembly-p-1274.html?cPath=1_148

This is an oem carb but if you want my advise,don't mess with these cheap poulans.I have a 2250(same as your saw) and a 4620.These saws are not tools to make the job,these are toys to spend your time and lern some things about chainsaws.

I've used 50+ AM carbs on Poulans, McCullochs, Husqvarna, Stihl. Had 1 problem - just couldn't get it tuned in. Another carb worked fine. I could have sent the carb back for replacement but it cost $6. Not worth the postage.
If you'll feel better, sure, buy OEM Walbro. Do remember - this is a $60 saw when running great.

I've used 50+ AM carbs on Poulans, McCullochs, Husqvarna, Stihl. Had 1 problem - just couldn't get it tuned in. Another carb worked fine. I could have sent the carb back for replacement but it cost $6. Not worth the postage.
If you'll feel better, sure, buy OEM Walbro. Do remember - this is a $60 saw when running great.

I hear the "don't put too much time/effort/money into a Poulan" argument a lot. The thing is, parts are cheap and until now, I've never had a major issue with this saw! I ordered up a new Walbro carb for $20 and hope to be operational by this weekend. Eventually I'll have the disposable $300 to drop on a small Dolmar and move the Poulan to being a backup/loaner saw.

I hear the "don't put too much time/effort/money into a Poulan" argument a lot. The thing is, parts are cheap and until now, I've never had a major issue with this saw! I ordered up a new Walbro carb for $20 and hope to be operational by this weekend. Eventually I'll have the disposable $300 to drop on a small Dolmar and move the Poulan to being a backup/loaner saw.
Hopefully the 352 will be in the US by then!

Hey just curious, did you get a short chain and run the little
Bandit yet?

Back