Looking to start up a business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bermie, go #### yourself. You don't need to be an #######. What makes you feel the need to be a douche. I should be able to answer on honest question without getting some #### head response. What are you, 10 years old?

Come on dude, there is no crying in tree work. There, I just gave you a "pointer". Are you happy now?

Man, what Bermie said really wasn't very insulting at all... well maybe if you have guilty conscience or something.

This is exactly what they told me on my first day, they said " don't cut yer #### off with that and hurry the #### up!" See, more pointers.:msp_sleep:

Liar! I am sure you have a wealth of pertainent information you could lay on.

Nah, I'm just a fly by night hacker!! Hahaha.

In all seriousness, danno, I think I'm a lot like you, in the fact that all I ever really wanted to do was climb some ####ing trees... I guess I got a little greedy at some point and decided that if I was gonna be doing everything anyway, I might as well make ALL the money. But I sure do love seeing beautiful cuts come off. That's the best of it all, really, when all the BS is over, you're tied in, rigging line set, etc. Then the maddness begins...and I can finally be in my element (half insane and damn ####ing good)!! :msp_w00t:

Weren't we all at one time? :tongue2:

I might've been young and inexperienced at one time but i was never a hack because i had the proper training and worked close with people with a lot of experience so i wouldn't say i was ever a self taught hack.

I might've been young and inexperienced at one time but i was never a hack because i had the proper training and worked close with people with a lot of experience so i wouldn't say i was ever a self taught hack.

Fair enough.

Not trying to be an arse here but if your self taught that means your a hack?
Can you list the training you have had so that I can look into getting the same training since I hate being called a "Hack"? And what exactly is a hack, would that be a guy that just hacks at a tree to get it on the ground or trimmed?
I'm always willing to better myself as i'm sure most of us are always learning.

Fair enough.

Can you list the training you have had so that I can look into getting the same training since I hate being called a "Hack"? And what exactly is a hack, would that be a guy that just hacks at a tree to get it on the ground or trimmed?
I'm always willing to better myself as i'm sure most of us are always learning.

Read the other topic below that you posted in about starting a business from the beginning. I think I and others gave good advice there about experience and training.

A hack is someone who does something but is too ignorant to understand why they have no business doing it.

Read the other topic below that you posted in about starting a business from the beginning. I think I and others gave good advice there about experience and training.

A hack is someone who does something but is too ignorant to understand why they have no business doing it.

Thanks for the solid advice on talking to an accountant about my financial situation and protecting my assets and talking to an attorney about what I will be required to do in order to start a business in the thread I started http://www.arboristsite.com/arborist-101/201939.htm

"A hack is someone who does something but is too ignorant to understand why they have no business doing it."
Sounds like I'm safe in that department but actually don't mind being called a Master Hacker on this board if that suites you and others.:bowdown:

After searching “starting a business” and coming upon this thread, I was more interested in knowing if the OP had started his own business and how he registered his business. Now that I know I’m a so called “Hack” just like the OP, I will take your advice again and reread this thread from the beginning.

A hack is someone who does something but is too ignorant to understand why ...

Boom!

I've met some hacks in my field who have been so for 30 years. AND they had training. And I've met some true geniuses who took a little from each teacher, threw away ninety percent of the carp they were taught and came up with their own methodology. What it boils down to is Talent, Ability, Capability, Consistency, and a Never Ending Ability to Learn: learn from the older experienced guys, and learn from the younger raw talent. The moment we think we know it all, we're dead

Boom!

I've met some hacks in my field who have been so for 30 years. AND they had training. And I've met some true geniuses who took a little from each teacher, threw away ninety percent of the carp they were taught and came up with their own methodology. What it boils down to is Talent, Ability, Capability, Consistency, and a Never Ending Ability to Learn: learn from the older experienced guys, and learn from the younger raw talent. The moment we think we know it all, we're dead

Almost 15 year experience a i still learn new stuff i'm all ears if someone has a new idea or some pointers i'll listen.

Thanks for the solid advice on talking to an accountant about my financial situation and protecting my assets and talking to an attorney about what I will be required to do in order to start a business in the thread I started http://www.arboristsite.com/arborist-101/201939.htm

"A hack is someone who does something but is too ignorant to understand why they have no business doing it."
Sounds like I'm safe in that department but actually don't mind being called a Master Hacker on this board if that suites you and others.:bowdown:

After searching “starting a business” and coming upon this thread, I was more interested in knowing if the OP had started his own business and how he registered his business. Now that I know I’m a so called “Hack” just like the OP, I will take your advice again and reread this thread from the beginning.

Did you read this?
Jeff

I did. Scared me a little. Of course, I would never work without insurance. That's kinda crazy...

I'm gonna start signing my posts, "the younger, prettier Jeff"

Lol so people aren't confused.

Jeff

NO! Some of us actually got it right from the start!
Dumb -Butt!
Jeff :angry:

Got it right from the start? When you first started out you never did a side job on your own without supervision from your teacher or mentor? And if you did you were a hack?

Who is to say that you're still not a hack? As the poster above mentioned having experience does not make you an expert especially if you learned from someone who might have been a hack themselves but you viewed them differently because you truly didn’t know the difference yourself. Does a piece of paper mean that you are truly better than someone else or is there a chance that you can still be a Dumb-Butt with that piece of paper? Don’t take this as being directed at you which I know you will since your emoticon indicated but more as food for thought. Owning or working for a company that has two offices seems to indicate your doing something right.
Experience IMO is very important as long as you learn from your experience. It should not matter if you’re learning from a mentor or from a book/ videos and using what you learned out in the field while being successful and safe.
Not sure why you feel like you have to direct insults at me unless it truly makes you feel better picking on a hack. I came here looking for advice and I appreciate any honest advice that was given by others. I actually read what you wrote even if it wasn’t useful to this topic.

Latest posts

Back