Looking to start up a business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it right from the start? When you first started out you never did a side job on your own without supervision from your teacher or mentor? And if you did you were a hack?

Who is to say that you're still not a hack? As the poster above mentioned having experience does not make you an expert especially if you learned from someone who might have been a hack themselves but you viewed them differently because you truly didn’t know the difference yourself. Does a piece of paper mean that you are truly better than someone else or is there a chance that you can still be a Dumb-Butt with that piece of paper? Don’t take this as being directed at you which I know you will since your emoticon indicated but more as food for thought. Owning or working for a company that has two offices seems to indicate your doing something right.
Experience IMO is very important as long as you learn from your experience. It should not matter if you’re learning from a mentor or from a book/ videos and using what you learned out in the field while being successful and safe.
Not sure why you feel like you have to direct insults at me unless it truly makes you feel better picking on a hack. I came here looking for advice and I appreciate any honest advice that was given by others. I actually read what you wrote even if it wasn’t useful to this topic.

Yes learning from your experience is a good thing maybe if you're painting or building a deck, but you don't want to learn from mistakes by killing someones tree because of a bad prune job or dropping a branch through someones roof or even worse doing something wrong tying in and falling 100ft to your death, this is why its important to know what your doing BEFORE you get in a tree, mistakes in a tree are too costly to learn from.

Got it right from the start? When you first started out you never did a side job on your own without supervision from your teacher or mentor? And if you did you were a hack?

Who is to say that you're still not a hack? As the poster above mentioned having experience does not make you an expert especially if you learned from someone who might have been a hack themselves but you viewed them differently because you truly didn’t know the difference yourself. Does a piece of paper mean that you are truly better than someone else or is there a chance that you can still be a Dumb-Butt with that piece of paper? Don’t take this as being directed at you which I know you will since your emoticon indicated but more as food for thought. Owning or working for a company that has two offices seems to indicate your doing something right.
Experience IMO is very important as long as you learn from your experience. It should not matter if you’re learning from a mentor or from a book/ videos and using what you learned out in the field while being successful and safe.
Not sure why you feel like you have to direct insults at me unless it truly makes you feel better picking on a hack. I came here looking for advice and I appreciate any honest advice that was given by others. I actually read what you wrote even if it wasn’t useful to this topic.
Ahh ok so I want to be a dentist can I practice on you? I mean I will learn as I go right and I promise I will have a nice smile :)

Good luck with this! Take it easy on him Jeff, he's in the wrong thread as it is.

You sir are an Idiot!
Google me,Dope.
I am not a hack!
You will never climb what I have climbed,
Check me out Dumb a s s,
There is only one Jeffrey Lovstrom in the whole wide world.
Dope'
Jeff

Yes learning from your experience is a good thing maybe if you're painting or building a deck, but you don't want to learn from mistakes by killing someones tree because of a bad prune job or dropping a branch through someones roof or even worse doing something wrong tying in and falling 100ft to your death, this is why its important to know what your doing BEFORE you get in a tree, mistakes in a tree are too costly to learn from.

Building a deck was not a good example for you to use since decks can kill someone if not many more people. Deck can be many feet above grade depending on how many stories a home has. People have BBQ’s and gatherings on decks which means these decks have to carry great loads. If proper fastners are not used…I think you get the point.

I agree with you on pruning trees and will not take on that kind of job.

Dropping a branch through someones roof? I guess accidents happen but that’s what insurance is for.

Doing something wrong tying in and falling 100ft to your death? Glad I purchsed a lift.

Its important to know what your doing BEFORE you get in a tree, mistakes in a tree are too costly to learn from. I agree with you 100%

Thanks for giving advice without using names.

Last edited:
Ahh ok so I want to be a dentist can I practice on you? I mean I will learn as I go right and I promise I will have a nice smile :)

Horrible analogy but quite funny. :D
Yes you can practice on me once you finish the following:
Aspiring dentists enroll in a dental school accredited by the American Dental Association. Dental colleges offer either a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD). Prospective students must submit Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores with their application.
DDS degree programs cover four years of in-class, pre-clinical and clinical instruction. The first two years are devoted to lab and class instruction. Courses may include oral pathology, dental diagnosis and dental treatment techniques. In the last two years, students typically complete a dental rotation externship, which is usually conducted in dental clinics and allow students to treat patients under supervision.
In addition to general dentistry, dental schools typically offer specialized areas of study, such as oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics or pediatric dentistry. These postgraduate programs generally take an additional 2-6 years to complete, depending on the chose specialty, and may include a residency.

You sir are an Idiot!
Google me,Dope.
I am not a hack!
You will never climb what I have climbed,
Check me out Dumb a s s,
Dope'
Jeff

You sir are an Idiot! Are you sure?

Google me,Dope. Why?

I am not a hack! LOL Sucks being called a hack by someone who has no clue about the person they are talking about?

You will never climb what I have climbed. Pretty sure that’s NOT my goal.

Check me out Dumb a s s Why always the name calling?

Dope'
Jeff

Congratulations Jeff :clap:

I value the opinions of a lot of people on this site because I know they have so much knowledge. You sir may have knowledge but have no social skills.

Last edited:
I value the opinions of a lot of people on this site because I know they have so much knowledge. You sir may have knowledge but have no social skills.[/QUOTE]

I know sometimes I am a ####, but it is easier to just say stuff without worry if you offend someone.
Guess I am straight up. Sorry, I will work on it tho!
Jeff :cheers:

Latest posts

Back