Lost HP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNANCE there's more to how a saw feels than just it's power. The 310 is an OK saw, but it's not a real screamer stock. Best thing to do is keep the chain sharp and the carb tuned correctly. If you're still not happy with the saw you can always open up the muffler, or sell it and buy a pro saw.:cheers: Also you need to get yourself to a GTG and run a bunch of different saws to get a better feel for them.

I ran my neighbors MS310 yesterday, where is that 4 HP? Steve

It is at 9.5K, providing the carb is correctly adjusted, and then dropping off very fast on both sides of that rpm number, unlike some (most) other saws - why are you surprised?? :confused:

It is a POS saw!

Last edited:
Huh imagine that mr. mountainlake and scott are pickin on stihls ;). We haven't seen that before have we?

Huh imagine that mr. mountainlake and scott are pickin on stihls ;). We haven't seen that before have we?

No! Surely not! :greenchainsaw:

Some Stihls are good, others are not, just like other brands - what is your problem? :confused:

Last edited:
It is at 9.5K, providing the carb is correctly adjusted, and then dropping off very fast on both sides of that rpm number, unlike some (most) other saws - why are you surprised??

It is a POS saw!
Find a saw that will hold 9.5 k or more in the cut, then you'll know what 4 hp is.:clap:

No! Surely not! :greenchainsaw:

Some Stihls are good, others are not, just like other brands - what is your problem? :confused:

ST - why are you chimin in?

Please tell me why these saws are a POS? Is it reliability, power to weight, sales? Also tell me how many of this family you have run and how many hours you have on them?

Am I saying these are the same quality of the pro saws? No, but they are at a considerably less pricepoint and do very well for their intended purpose. Just because a saw doesn't meet your weight and power criteria..its pretty bold and crude to state that they are a POS. I will say you do have good book facts, but you definately lack the mechanical knowledge and experience using the saws your demeaning.

Well, it's incredibly hard to imagine there being a bigger POS than a 45-50cc echo, the 45-50 cc echos being the real benchmark of a sluggish cutting saw, but the echo crowd are claiming their 45-50cc echos are matching an MS310 for power. Wow, that suggests the poor little 310 is an incredibly weak saw!

But, then again, I'm picking the echo crowd are spending too much time on the wakky bakky, coz they're also claiming their 45-50cc echos can match an MS260 for power! Next thing they'll be claiming a 60cc echo can match a 361... or a 70cc echo can match a 372... best lay off that wakky bakky echo guys, it's makin' ya' all delusional

All right, I'm sorry i bought a pos saw. On the other hand it took owning a pos saw and buying 20 acres to get me interested in saws and this site. I would love to tryout anything better except it would only make me want more lol!!

Back