lost my 2nd 192 t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewoolsey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
dropped my new stihl 192 T 40 feet up , the limb took it out of my hand , cord clipped to it would not of save it i not think, just replaced it about 6-8 weeks ago , the last one was stolen from my truck, all the handles are broken and the motor when you crank it dose'nt sound good , found used handles for $44.99 plus shipping , if its fixable ? going to take it to my dealer today , if not fixable shell out anouther $ 309.

looks like only new handles ,saftee guard and labor, est. $125 to fix it. this is the 2nd time i lost a saw from my bucket truck in the last year , the first time i was only about 15 feet up didn't break anything on my echo, i stopped useing bungee cord on my saw because i got it caught on things like my winch control knobs . anyone else have this problem ?

Also may want to think about tear away lanyard that way it will break free and not rip you to the ground with the saw.

I used to buy cheap throw away saws when I first started out on my own. I did tear one or two of them up. My cutting skills improved greatly after I lost a saw or two. I haven't dropped a saw in about 11 years.

If you are loosing them while making compression cuts try making your under cut closer to the trunk of the tree and your top cut out on the limb. I try to match my cuts but would rather have my top cut an inch or so on the outbound side of the cut. Much less likely for your saw to hang in the wood in that situation. If you are dropping big wood with a large saw you need to have your saw attached with a break away lanyard or not tied to you at all.

dropped my new stihl 192 T 40 feet up , the limb took it out of my hand , cord clipped to it would not of save it i not think, just replaced it about 6-8 weeks ago , the last one was stolen from my truck, all the handles are broken and the motor when you crank it dose'nt sound good , found used handles for $44.99 plus shipping , if its fixable ? going to take it to my dealer today , if not fixable shell out anouther $ 309.

ive got 2 of them, one has a stripped spark plug insert...pm me if you wanna work something out.

i love my 192.

It must be a money issue or some one thinking they are saving money by getting a 192, I think the 192 is not for everyday professional use. My opinion, yell at me all you want!
Jeff :)

I use it 99% of the time.great little saw with the Elight bar.on a bungee lanyard too.never gives me trouble.

Bungee lanyards are great. You can just give it a little bounce and your saw springs up into your hand instead of having to pull it up like a regular lanyard. They are also made to break away with 250 pounds of force. It's not a bungee cord, it's a lanyard made specifically for a chainsaw.

Bungee lanyards are great. You can just give it a little bounce and your saw springs up into your hand instead of having to pull it up like a regular lanyard. They are also made to break away with 250 pounds of force. It's not a bungee cord, it's a lanyard made specifically for a chainsaw.

I know what they are, thanks md. I am just the school ladder hook type guy I guess. It's whatever you're comfortable with though I suppose.

I know what they are, thanks md. I am just the school ladder hook type guy I guess. It's whatever you're comfortable with though I suppose.

I like the bungee. No reason not to have it IMO. It's serves the same purpose as an old school lanyard but will break away should #### go down. Plus the bungee keeps the loop a bit smaller on your saddle when you hook it.

Had a climber, on his first day, drop a 192 on a roof from about 60', bounced off, barley missed the HO, broke the muffler ONLY! Fired right up, a little louder tho!
All the different devices available wont work if ya don't clip them in! He just let go!, Good thing I don't let anybody touch my 200!

I have never dropped a saw. Hope this don't jinx me!

Back