lost my firewood partner this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I to am sorry for your loss. I think the best way to honor George is to keep cutting wood, thinking about the lessons he taught you and pass them along to another generation so his legacy will continue.

Some guys couldn't put that write up together for their own father. I'd say you're pretty lucky to have had a FIL like that.
Sorry for your loss...

He'll be whispering in your ear the next time your eyeing the lean and crown on that big oak .

My FIL just passed a couple hours ago after a 6 month battle with cancer. I really dont know how Im going to get wood without him. He taught me everything I know about burning wood and the whole process in general.

Whats so upsetting to me is it was just a year ago he was worrying the devil out of me to go cutting wood in this big section of hardwoods my buddy owns. "when we gonna go" "I'll be glad when deer seasons over, so we can get some damn wood"... now hes gone.

He was my "tree dropper" never was scared of felling those big 30" redoaks as I was. He'd drop'm. I'd buck'm up.

I dont know how or when or if I'll be in the woods this yr. dam dam dam.

sorry for the rant.

Rest in peace big George. We will always love you and miss you down here. and dont worry well be seeing you again someday.

Ross

Kind of ironic, my FIL died in November. I used to cut wood for him. He was always so happy when I would drop off a load at his house. He used to say it made him feel good to know he had wood for the winter. Also my name is Ross too. I feel your pain brother. Take it easy. Ross

Praying for peace for you and your family as you grieve your loss. At some point you'll likely want to hit those woods just as a memorial to him. If so, you will know when and you will be ready. Ron

Sorry about your loss.My dad taught me to cut wood and is going through chemo as we talk.Your fal is looking over you every move.Make him proud.Eyes to the sky.

Latest posts

Back