Lost my mind today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt41

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Today started out as a great day, I slept in till 8, then piled the family in the truck to go to breakfast, everything went fine until I decided to swing by the house where I do my wooding, plan was to have my son help me move the large splitter from behind the barn to the garage, so I could use it on some knot filled oak....someone must have had a need for that old Kohler engine I had on it, they swiped the engine and the finger coupling! WTH, this place is on a private road and out of the way, who does this? Why? How?
There was no tracks due to the fresh snow and I was not about to call the police and have some pimple faced kid with a badge tie up my time while I explain what was stolen and the value in time verses dollars. I figured I was mad enough and did not want to make it worse.

I am used to things being lifted from jobsites like, boards, small tools, nails, plumbing fixtures etc but that old Kohler was rebuilt by me in like 86' and has not missed a beat and always started even when I forgot to cover it.

That's an odd thing to steal, for sure.

One guy here who is a retired engineer for Jaguar recently built a custom '51 Chevy. He built a real hotrod engine for it using a 327 block. Some crackheads broke into his shop and stole the engine out of it.

One guy here who is a retired engineer for Jaguar recently built a custom '51 Chevy. He built a real hotrod engine for it using a 327 block. Some crackheads broke into his shop and stole the engine out of it.

But not the truck?

To the Op:

I would tell all of your neighbors what happened.

But not the truck?

To the Op:

I would tell all of your neighbors what happened.

Only neighbors close are gone for the winter or have antlers. Normally my brother lives at the house but he is in Italy till today, I will blame him, not because it is his fault but...he was on vacation while the rest of us were working.

We all want to expect the best of our fellow man, but the hard cold truth is that there are a LOT of dirtbags out there. I used to leave my saws in the truck bed as I would go into a store, but after reading a few stories of stolen saws I lock them in my truck.

It is a real pain, but the need for locks and security is a fact of life in our world.

doesn't sound like a crackhead, they want easy stuff. pulling a motor? somebody wanted the motor........
or was it on a stand?

Sorry about the motor.

Thiefs stole my JD lawn tractor, and had to move 2 trailers by hand, heavy ones too, and push the mower up to the road, 150 yards away uphill. Then they moved the trailers back to their original position. They failed to repair the fence that was cut to gain access, however.

But not the work ethic of the thieves that stole all the tires/wheels off my 50 ft. flatbed that had 44K lbs. of steel sitting on it. Then they THREW the 350 lb. wheels over an 8 ft. fence, and proceeded to roll them up a steep hill to their truck. They didn't bring wire cutters along, but did bring a big enough jack to raise the trailer, and wood to block the axles up, lol.

I don't know how big your engine was, but if it would fit in a mini bike or go kart I would turn an eye toward all the local teen age kids.

Latest posts

Back