Lots of Stihl parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up a whole bunch of Stihl parts yesterday, most are 036, 034 and some 026. Included were four 036 pro saws two of which run, one revs high which i figure are seals or an air leak somewhere else. The other complete one runs and revs fine but smokes like H_ _ L the mix is 50:1 so not sure what makes it smoke so much, anybody else have any ideas? Perhaps running too rich? I also have a MS340 which has a bad clutch side bearing will the regular 034 fit this or perhaps the bearing from an 036 and are the oil seals the same for a 036/034? Thanks.

Last edited:
You get someone that run 32:1 or 24:1 it can take some runnin' to clean out a saw.If the carb isn't too rich it should clear out after about a tank of mix.

You get someone that run 32:1 or 24:1 it can take some runnin' to clean out a saw.If the carb isn't too rich it should clear out after about a tank of mix.

Guy said he only runs 50:1, i thought maybe he had a heavier mix as well. If its bar oil leaking into the case wouldn't it run rough? It actually runs very well but with alot of smoke. If it is bar oil leaking i will likely have to split the case?

Latest posts

Back