love a 3 saw woodcutting combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesecutter

Cheesecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
I agree with Vibes. Try a couple loops of Woodland Pro from Bailey's. I think they run about $13. I also like those Pferd files they sell, they last 2-3 times longer than Oregon files for me and do a good job. I would take any of your old chains in to have them sharpened or at least hang on to them to improve your sharpening skills.

MuskokaSplitter

MuskokaSplitter

ArboristSite Operative
Finally,for the first time i got to use 3 saws to cut firewood!!! Man how nice it is, to run 3 saws,and not have to refuel OR SHARPEN OR CHANGE CHAINS on any of them....used all 3 saws,till out of fuel,and the wood was all cut.................028 with 18" .325 rm chain,ms361 with 20" 3/8 rm chain,044 with 20" bar rm chain................YEE HAW!!

My three saw plan is very close to yours....
028super
036pro
and a 038 Super with a light porting and base gasket delete, mm. so really all very close.
IMO if the 38 with a 25" bar wont cut it in one pass, its to big for my needs.
All now use a 3/8 rs chain. 16" 20" and 25" i have an 18"b&c that i use the odd time. But its nice they all interchange.....cant say id put the 25" on the 028 tho :D

CRThomas

CRThomas

ArboristSite Guru
Finally,for the first time i got to use 3 saws to cut firewood!!! Man how nice it is, to run 3 saws,and not have to refuel OR SHARPEN OR CHANGE CHAINS on any of them....used all 3 saws,till out of fuel,and the wood was all cut.................028 with 18" .325 rm chain,ms361 with 20" 3/8 rm chain,044 with 20" bar rm chain................YEE HAW!!
My four saws are MS 180 261 362 and my 4 hp electric saw don't knock it I love it when I get the logs home it will cut cut with the MS 180 made by Craftsman 18 inch bar. I see some fellows have to have 440 441 and bigger my MS 362 will drag me thru the wood I guess I'm 73 year old weakling

i

Holtby

Holtby

ArboristSite Member
28 wood boss for the light stuff, 38 for medium to large, and ms441 for the huge stuff. I love my 38, the 441 isn't quite broke in. But that's about to change, I just bought a 20 in. bar for it. Oh yea Im ready!!:D
I didn't know if there was anybody else out there using an 028 Wood Boss..these days...I bought mine new in the early 1980's:D

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
I didn't know if there was anybody else out there using an 028 Wood Boss..these days...I bought mine new in the early 1980's:D

I used a little red homie top handle for years and years as my cut anything one saw plan, all the way to bucked up a 30 inch diameter oak branch. Man, that was tedious....so, an 028 woodboss!! luxury!

I have more saws now though....I like about an 8 saw plan....and i want a few more. Still don''t have a 100cc plus saw, like a husky 3120, want to fix my more modern tophandle and get that going. Want a silky hand saw, a one man crosscut, a quality bowsaw, a better quality pole saw,

And a big freaking harvester with a ten foot saw on it and a loader and a submarine and a pony.

Greg Perryman

Greg Perryman

ArboristSite Operative
I bough this saw back a few yrs ago from a guy on Craigslist. It only needed carb work done, been working great ever since. Before hand I had a 290 that I absolutely hated! sold it and bought this one.

krushing73

krushing73

ArboristSite Operative
Husky 372 with ported muffler, shindaiwa 488 ported to the max and a stihl 180 with 50 gauge bar and chain. Not much down south I can't tackle with one of them. The shinny is my fav to run all day.

Latest posts