love a 3 saw woodcutting combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Vibes. Try a couple loops of Woodland Pro from Bailey's. I think they run about $13. I also like those Pferd files they sell, they last 2-3 times longer than Oregon files for me and do a good job. I would take any of your old chains in to have them sharpened or at least hang on to them to improve your sharpening skills.

Finally,for the first time i got to use 3 saws to cut firewood!!! Man how nice it is, to run 3 saws,and not have to refuel OR SHARPEN OR CHANGE CHAINS on any of them....used all 3 saws,till out of fuel,and the wood was all cut.................028 with 18" .325 rm chain,ms361 with 20" 3/8 rm chain,044 with 20" bar rm chain................YEE HAW!!

My three saw plan is very close to yours....
028super
036pro
and a 038 Super with a light porting and base gasket delete, mm. so really all very close.
IMO if the 38 with a 25" bar wont cut it in one pass, its to big for my needs.
All now use a 3/8 rs chain. 16" 20" and 25" i have an 18"b&c that i use the odd time. But its nice they all interchange.....cant say id put the 25" on the 028 tho :D

Finally,for the first time i got to use 3 saws to cut firewood!!! Man how nice it is, to run 3 saws,and not have to refuel OR SHARPEN OR CHANGE CHAINS on any of them....used all 3 saws,till out of fuel,and the wood was all cut.................028 with 18" .325 rm chain,ms361 with 20" 3/8 rm chain,044 with 20" bar rm chain................YEE HAW!!
My four saws are MS 180 261 362 and my 4 hp electric saw don't knock it I love it when I get the logs home it will cut cut with the MS 180 made by Craftsman 18 inch bar. I see some fellows have to have 440 441 and bigger my MS 362 will drag me thru the wood I guess I'm 73 year old weakling

i

28 wood boss for the light stuff, 38 for medium to large, and ms441 for the huge stuff. I love my 38, the 441 isn't quite broke in. But that's about to change, I just bought a 20 in. bar for it. Oh yea Im ready!!:D
I didn't know if there was anybody else out there using an 028 Wood Boss..these days...I bought mine new in the early 1980's:D

I didn't know if there was anybody else out there using an 028 Wood Boss..these days...I bought mine new in the early 1980's:D

I used a little red homie top handle for years and years as my cut anything one saw plan, all the way to bucked up a 30 inch diameter oak branch. Man, that was tedious....so, an 028 woodboss!! luxury!

I have more saws now though....I like about an 8 saw plan....and i want a few more. Still don''t have a 100cc plus saw, like a husky 3120, want to fix my more modern tophandle and get that going. Want a silky hand saw, a one man crosscut, a quality bowsaw, a better quality pole saw,

And a big freaking harvester with a ten foot saw on it and a loader and a submarine and a pony.

I bough this saw back a few yrs ago from a guy on Craigslist. It only needed carb work done, been working great ever since. Before hand I had a 290 that I absolutely hated! sold it and bought this one.

Husky 372 with ported muffler, shindaiwa 488 ported to the max and a stihl 180 with 50 gauge bar and chain. Not much down south I can't tackle with one of them. The shinny is my fav to run all day.

Latest posts

Back