Low compression on my new Stihl MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chainsaw problems are so low end mechanically speaking but I also realize the OP has bought and paid for a new Stihl saw that should work and perform right out of the box. One expects this when buying new and feels safe due to warranty and the stated policy the saw can be returned if not satisfied, bit of smoke and mirrors there but at least implied. I have learned otherwise from extended experience.
1000.00 is a good amount and they should try to help the guy!
And so everyone knows the satisfaction guarantee is 7 days which I don't think the mention at all!

This is the real issue here, Stihl should correct this whole situation, but it really depends on the dealer first step, if that don`t get satisfaction one goes further up the ladder til the saw gets sent back to Stihl corporate repair facility where they can authorize or disallow warranty. Until the case is taken far as it can go the dealers can and will stall.

This is the real issue here, Stihl should correct this whole situation, but it really depends on the dealer first step, if that don`t get satisfaction one goes further up the ladder til the saw gets sent back to Stihl corporate repair facility where they can authorize or disallow warranty. Until the case is taken far as it can go the dealers can and will stall.
Reminds me of car salesman!

In numbers, yes, they became my favorite saws starting with a red lever slant fin 10 mm way back. I have more 026`s that I port and modify but they are always coming and going.
I have a red lever slant fin but IDK if its a ten. Do the tens have hotter porting and timing over a red lever 12?

And so everyone knows the satisfaction guarantee is 7 days which I don't think the mention at all!

The return policy has never been mentioned to me at any dealership, most times they can`t get you out the door fast enough, had my battles with them but never returned a saw, never will. Warranty is a non issue with me personally but it should be there for anyone else buying a new product from a registered dealer. I bought a new MS440 that the dealer never registered, even though we filled out the form right there after purchase, extra oil and extended warranty gibberish and all.

And I thought this thing ran hot! It really cuts good compared to my MS440! Keeps up with my 046. I wonder what is in it? I think it is the 12mm though.
We can start another thread or take this to the PM`s so we don`t derail this thread any further, I love my ported 044`s.

We can start another thread or take this to the PM`s so we don`t derail this thread any further, I love my ported 044`s.

If you start another thread I’d like to follow that.
All this talk has me looking at my plug and piston wash on my ported 460. Im off and it’s raining so I’m stuck in the shop.
87a3c446d40df489d4ef45172ac55030.jpg

The return policy has never been mentioned to me at any dealership, most times they can`t get you out the door fast enough, had my battles with them but never returned a saw, never will. Warranty is a non issue with me personally but it should be there for anyone else buying a new product from a registered dealer. I bought a new MS440 that the dealer never registered, even though we filled out the form right there after purchase, extra oil and extended warranty gibberish and all.

Most dealers don’t know what the policy is. So they can’t tell you or implement it to help you out.
Ask every dealer what does the ultra oil warranty cover. You’ll most likely get a diff answer from each.

There are post after post of the effects that the guage has on the reading, wrong schrader valve every in the tip or no valve at all are prime examples of this. Not saying this is the case in this instance, but it’s well documented.
You and Jerry are right; which I can see better now that I’m awake.
I was ignoring the fact that a mile long comp tester hose increases volume of air which decreases pressure. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

The flaw in my analogy is that my balloon on the bench has no tail!
Sorry James- had a senior moment...

You and Jerry are right; which I can see better now that I’m awake.
I was ignoring the fact that a mile long comp tester hose increases volume of air which decreases pressure. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

The flaw in my analogy is that my balloon on the bench has no tail!
Sorry James- had a senior moment...

No problem, we all get mental images at times that don`t always include all the elements in play, many of my posts don`t include all the tiny bits of info some need to do a complete job, I let others fill in some of those blank spaces, sometimes...LOL

No problem, we all get mental images at times that don`t always include all the elements in play, many of my posts don`t include all the tiny bits of info some need to do a complete job, I let others fill in some of those blank spaces, sometimes...LOL
I hope the OPfollows through this, we all would like to know how Stihl and the dealer resolve the issue of the lemon Saw. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back