MA arborists & climbers unite!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost went out to the clearing in NYC a few years ago, but had just met my wife and we were planning the wedding. They were bringing in crews from all over the place for the confined space trees. I know a couple of guys that spent several weeks doing nothing but crane work.

Whole thing reeks for some reason.

Its frustrating to be out of work when like the so called full scale tree assault on my home citys suppossed to be happening.

The infestations already massive, I guess the smart thing to do is chip away at it so control is lost?

ALB Bid Package

Bid package is out.

OTG, Is there anything in the bid package pertaining to using local companies as subs?

Do you have a copy?

The word on the street in Worcester is they are splitting the area into 3 zones. They are going contract 3 companies that are already on the state vendor list and each will get a zone.
Rumor has it that 40% of the work has to be subcontracted.

It would be nice just to be able to get in at some level, being my company is based and myself and my employees live in Worcester.

Believe me, I wouldn't want to be the guy running the show, I'd just like to get out in my own backyard and do what we do best to help eradicate this damn beetle so things can get back to normal.

The prevailing wage rate is $54./hr.

That's not necessarily the take home...some but not all "benefits" can be done as deductions from that. I know just enough about Mass prevailing wage to know it's about as simple as figuring out income taxes :) Still, my guesstimate is most folks are probably looking at $40-45/hour take home.

Latest posts

Back