mac 110 ignition timing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royalfixer

Reaction score
I am trying to find out the difference between different flywheels for Mac 110 and EB 2.0 chainsaws. Some the flywheel lines up on the left side of the first magnet in the flywheel. Others, the flywheel key lines up on the right side of the first magnet. Still others, the flywheel key lines up on the right side of the second magnet. I am talking about the flywheel rotating clockwise looking from the engine body. Is there some hard and fast rule on which flywheel works for which saw ? I am using trial and errror. There has to be a proper use for each flywheel. Any help would be appreciated !!

I am talking about Mac 110 and EB 2.0 chainsaws. On some crankshafts the flywheel key lines up to TDC. On some crankshafts, the flywheel key is to the right of TDC. The specs say 26 degrees BTDC. Some flywheels, the flywheel key lines up on the left side of the first magnet. Other flywheels, the flywheel key lines up on the right side of the 1st magnet. Others, the flywheel key lines up on the right side of the 2nd magnet. Where do I find information and specifications on what flywheel goes with which saw, etc. Hopefully, someone knows and can help me out on this. I feel like I am stabbing in the dark. Is the time to be 26 degrees BTDC on all Mac 110 and EB 2.0 chainsaws ?

I am trying to find out the difference between different flywheels for Mac 110 and EB 2.0 chainsaws. Some the flywheel lines up on the left side of the first magnet in the flywheel. Others, the flywheel key lines up on the right side of the first magnet. Still others, the flywheel key lines up on the right side of the second magnet. I am talking about the flywheel rotating clockwise looking from the engine body. Is there some hard and fast rule on which flywheel works for which saw ? I am using trial and errror. There has to be a proper use for each flywheel. Any help would be appreciated !!
Is there a service manual of anything that could be of help ?

Back