Mac-15 is all mine!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just picked up this Mac-15 from Craigslist in California. Got it from a retired Navy Chief who didn't mind boxing it up and mailing it to me. I want to thank Eccentric who turned me on to the listing and Beowulf who offered to ride down 30 miles and check on the saw for me. I am also looking at another one. Help. Somebody stop me.:chainsaw:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice saw. I took one in on trade 30 some years ago and took it home for my own. Then i got the big D and never saw it again...Bob

Good looking saw...no one is going to help you...I have been asking for help for days now.

Good luck

Nice saw, them Mac 15`s look retro but are actually a later model saw that McCulloch put out just to target homeowners. The cheap throways of their day but you know what, there are still plenty of them around in great shape. 80 CC`s of good ole Mac power. Congrats

Pioneerguy600

Nice saw, them Mac 15`s look retro but are actually a later model saw that McCulloch put out just to target homeowners. The cheap throways of their day but you know what, there are still plenty of them around in great shape. 80 CC`s of good ole Mac power. Congrats

Pioneerguy600

I'm a sucker for that retro style.

Pioneerguy600

I'm a sucker for that retro style.:laugh:

Feel free to ignore me as I understand n00b posts are annoying, but would you actually be using that saw or is it more like a collectible? Seems like the modern ones are much better in every way.

Feel free to ignore me as I understand n00b posts are annoying, but would you actually be using that saw or is it more like a collectible? Seems like the modern ones are much better in every way.

I have all of my modern saws listed in my signature. I surely don't need all of those and have sold two of them pending payment. I live down the street from Tommy Halls shop and can get my saws serviced anytime. I wanted something antiquish and something I could work on myself and not have a meltdown when I screw it up like I would with my MS 660.

If you want a chainsaw that feels and sounds like the machine it is, you will need a vintage saw. New saws may be all that and a bag of chips, but are severely homogenized, sterilized, clones of various hues.

If you want a chainsaw that feels and sounds like the machine it is, you will need a vintage saw. New saws may be all that and a bag of chips, but are severely homogenized, sterilized, clones of various hues.

Yep,..the old originals were the real saws, the new stuff don`t have the feel or the sound of them ole vintage saws, you knew you did a days work with them back then.

Pioneerguy600

Yep,..the old originals were the real saws, the new stuff don`t have the feel or the sound of them ole vintage saws, you knew you did a days work with them back then.

Pioneerguy600

Lug either one of these around for a month and you can pick a fight in any bar in North America and walk out the winner. Unless the guy you fight has been doing it for two months.

attachment.php

Gotta love them ole saws!

That is a nice example of the Mac 15, complete with the clutch cover and everything. The 15 was pretty tame compared to other 80 cc saws, if you pull the "muffler" you will find that only two of the three holes available are opened up. A lot of parts will interchage with other vintage saws as well.

I hope you get to fire it up and put it in the wood from time to time, there is a sound and feel you don't get with the modern, high speed piston ported models.

Mark

That is a nice example of the Mac 15, complete with the clutch cover and everything. The 15 was pretty tame compared to other 80 cc saws, if you pull the "muffler" you will find that only two of the three holes available are opened up. A lot of parts will interchage with other vintage saws as well.

I hope you get to fire it up and put it in the wood from time to time, there is a sound and feel you don't get with the modern, high speed piston ported models.

Mark

Thanks, I am excited. Does the Mac-15 have the same carburator as the one featured in the tutorial in your signature?

Back