Mac 35A Are Parts still Available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
struggle

struggle

Got stumps?
The way the carb is actualted is stuck so I will hopefully take it apart in the next couple of days and see what is going on. I am thinking it could hit 90 on compression. WIll know once I get the case halves cleaned and put back on.

Mark Aaron I think sent me the IPL so I should be good. I need to have my wife print it out on her printer at work though so I can have it in the garage.

struggle

struggle

Got stumps?
Tonight I cleaned it up a little more and put the case halves back on for compression and spark check.

Spark nice and blue.

Compression 140 but two days ago I did drip some two stroke oil in the engine so that actually might be lower than that , but think it can be a runner.

Problem is I took the main needle jet out and the throttle lever is stuck I am guessing from corrosion. I can rotate with pliers but not freely by hand:msp_sad:

I sprayed it with PB blaster and will let it set over night.

Also is the fuel pickup that cloth wick looking thing in the tank (no hose on this one)? Tank is very clean and dry when I got it.

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Upon the bark of the mighty McCulloch
Many have been made to take flight,
For the tough, the rewards are much,
and the fangs they bite deep.

Pack yer lunchbox with goods and come enjoy the sickness.

struggle

struggle

Got stumps?
The saga continues with this thing. I could not no matter what free the throttle rod up in the carb/plate so I drilled a hole along side it and it finally let go. I tried heat oil, penatrating oil, wax, mini torch and nothing would work.

It does now with a 1/16" along side it. Not sure how long term effect will be on it though. Not really going to be saw thqat gets a lot of use.

Still have not put carb back on, but will soon.

Latest posts