Mac Pro 10-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the manual oiler works, both check valves are working as they should. If the gasket is correct and the impulse passage is open, the only thing that could keep the automatic oiler from working was if the piston doesn't go up & down with the impulse pressure. You may have to take it apart again and make sure there isn't something else stuck in there somewhere that it shouldn't be that is preventing the piston from stroking properly.

Mark

It's a messing job but somebody has got to do it. I'll give it another shot. Saw is darn nice starts good, runs good & cuts good. I'd just like to get everything back straight on it.

OK, had the pump out a couple of times to clean and blow out passages and still no auto oil pump. Is it time for a new pump or am I just missing something (more than likely). Anybody got a working auto pump they would part with? Saw runs great with this one issue that is not setting well with me.

Photo0061.jpg

Photo0062.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

This thread was missing a bit of Yellow. Keep at it with the oilier. Did you blow out the lines from the pick up to the bar plate where the oil gets to the bar? There are a bunch of great saws based off the 10-10, some that will run right next to newer counterparts.

OK, had the pump out a couple of times to clean and blow out passages and still no auto oil pump. Is it time for a new pump or am I just missing something (more than likely). Anybody got a working auto pump they would part with? Saw runs great with this one issue that is not setting well with me.

Have you tried running the saw with the bar off to check the oiling? Do the oil passages line up with the ones on the bar?

The manual oiler works fine so I take it that the same oil passages support oil from the auto oiler. I do like the saw that's why I keep messing with it.

The manual oiler works fine so I take it that the same oil passages support oil from the auto oiler. I do like the saw that's why I keep messing with it.

You might just try running it awhile, using the manual oiler from time to time of course, and maybe it'll start working. You might also try light motor oil instead of that sticky bar oil and see if that helps.

You might just try running it awhile, using the manual oiler from time to time of course, and maybe it'll start working. You might also try light motor oil instead of that sticky bar oil and see if that helps.

I thought it might get unstuck too. I think i will try a little motor oil through it. The oil appears to be in good shape and the manual sends lots of oil to the bar.

I thought it might get unstuck too. I think i will try a little motor oil through it. The oil appears to be in good shape and the manual sends lots of oil to the bar.

I'm not sure they even had that sticky bar oil when that saw was made. I always used motor oil in my old saws back then. The saws with the gear oilers would probably benefit for the gooey stuff.

Well thanks guys. Filled the oil tank with diesel let it run a little and set overnight. Adjusted the pump the next day and filled with 30wt. Oils great now. Guess I'll work on just thinning my regular bar oil some and i think I'm good to go.

Well thanks guys. Filled the oil tank with diesel let it run a little and set overnight. Adjusted the pump the next day and filled with 30wt. Oils great now. Guess I'll work on just thinning my regular bar oil some and i think I'm good to go.

I don't think the diaphragm powered oilers were meant to run that gooey chain oil we have today. I put motor oil in my old Homelites and it seems to do well. Uh..cheap motor oil if possible!

If you look at the cap on your 10-10 well mine says "sae 30". New age bar oil is much much thicker than good ole sae 30 good to see its working for you...

If you look at the cap on your 10-10 well mine says "sae 30". New age bar oil is much much thicker than good ole sae 30 good to see its working for you...

Yep! Noticed that. I should have figured that out sooner. Since I've just started playing around with these older saw's the learning curve is interesting. Really it's why I bought this one to start with.

Back