Mac super pro 81

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontario026

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A guy locally has a mac super pro 81 for sale, just wondering what this saw would be worth used? supposedly runs well, and appears in decent shape, (I haven't seen it yet personally)

Does anyone have any opinions on this saw? How would it's 82CC's of power compare to my newwer 044's 70.7cc?? Sometime in the near future I would like to get an alaskan mill to mess with, would the Mac handle milling better than the 044?

If needed would parts be available for the super pro 81??

Thanks

The SP81 was a lightweight falling saw with plenty of grunt but as a milling saw i would think again, check to see what style of ignition unit is fitted as there were 3 setup's on this model 1 points, 2 the Phelon 2 piece electronic unit, 3 a one piece electronic ignition unit, with the Phelon (coloured black) not being very reliable.

Another couple of things to check before purchase is the rubber connecting boot between the carby housing and the engine for cracks plus eyeball the rubber anti vib mounts which go soft and swell from fuel and oil spillage putting strain on the rubber connector described above.

Mc Bob.

PS I bought one of these yesterday but with reasonable in wear and tear.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/ozflea/saws.html

I have one,points type ignition[10-10 series].I haven't had the time to tune it,yet.Even with a carb needing a rebuild,I can tell it will out cut my 048 Stihl,which is saying something.Some say they equal an 066,but I wouldn't go quite that far.As far as milling,of which I'm not a fan,you would be better off to get something 100cc's or bigger.

Latest posts

Back