Mac-T Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread....I think Bob already had a tin hat thread. Couldn't find it.

Anyhow, found another dandy Mac-T, still has the original sticker inside.

Post some pics of any good M-T's you come across.

View attachment 274392

View attachment 274393

Hope you all had a good, safe week. -Sam

I'll try and post some pics of the old under the brim 6 point Mac - T I have tomorrow.

I'm a big fan of old tin lids and I'm trying to collect the suckers. I think this will turn out to be a pretty cool thread.

View attachment 274435

I've had this one since 1981. It was orangier then. We were thinning in the snow and my boss handed this style out thinking it would help keep snow from going down our necks. I still got snow down my neck.

I replaced the suspension because it was rotted. It now has a skull bucket suspension in it. That style will be hard to find.

View attachment 274435

I've had this one since 1981. It was orangier then. We were thinning in the snow and my boss handed this style out thinking it would help keep snow from going down our necks. I still got snow down my neck.

I replaced the suspension because it was rotted. It now has a skull bucket suspension in it. That style will be hard to find.

I'm not entirely certain about the last part, "That style will be hard to find." Are you talking about original style Mac T suspensions? Because Madsens has them new. They're not very expensive either. Just thought that might help if you happen to be looking for that particular item.

attachment.php
have some more but use this a lot.

I got my last Mac-T from ebay (4-point). . . Bought a ratchet suspension from my Stihl Dealer for 20 bucks.

That was one thing that always pissed me off in the woods, and that's a loose suspension. A guy would spend more time picking his turtle up off the ground than werking.

I got my last Mac-T from ebay (4-point). . . Bought a ratchet suspension from my Stihl Dealer for 20 bucks.

That was one thing that always pissed me off in the woods, and that's a loose suspension. A guy would spend more time picking his turtle up off the ground than werking.

A guy I used to work with in my previous life had a way of dealing with rookies when they messed up. He'd walk up and ask the guy if he'd ever seen 2 turtles f-----g. The guy would invariably say "no" whereupon the foreman would take off his own and tomahawk it down on the unsuspecting fella's. Mistake wasn't repeated...

I've always bought the plain old 4-point suspension and run an adjusting screwdriver through a couple of the holes right by where the two pieces slide, works pretty good for keeping the suspension in one spot.

Latest posts

Back