Macculloch 10-10 right hand pull running problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel D'Angelo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anybody have the factory carb jet setings for this saw. It is skipping at WOT and I am guessing it is a carb setting problem. I have tried turning them by ear to no avail. It's a shame because it is a snotty little saw when it wants to run. Thanks...Joel

Attachments

• macleft1.jpg
    macleft1.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 3
It's not supposed to run smooth at wide open throttle under no load. If it doesn't 4 cycle you're probably gonna burn it up. The carb on most saws are set at about 1 to 1 1/2 turns on both H and L screws. If it won't run on these settings you may have other problems like dirty points.

Does anybody have the factory carb jet setings for this saw. It is skipping at WOT and I am guessing it is a carb setting problem. I have tried turning them by ear to no avail. It's a shame because it is a snotty little saw when it wants to run. Thanks...Joel
It's not supposed to run smooth at wide open throttle under no load. If it doesn't 4 cycle you're probably gonna burn it up. The carb on most saws are set at about 1 to 1 1/2 turns on both H and L screws. If it won't run on these settings you may have other problems like dirty points.
Thanks. It is skipping load or no load. I don't think it is a carb adjustment. I will try cleaning and gapping the points. This saw just won't run the same two days in a row. I don't get it.

Thanks. It is skipping load or no load. I don't think it is a carb adjustment. I will try cleaning and gapping the points. This saw just won't run the same two days in a row. I don't get it.
It could be several things, dirty carb, maybe a inlet lever adjustment too high in the carburetor, corroded points or bad condenser. That's a fairly old saw so anything you put on it wouldn't hurt.

It could be several things, dirty carb, maybe a inlet lever adjustment too high in the carburetor, corroded points or bad condenser. That's a fairly old saw so anything you put on it wouldn't hurt.
I cleaned and gapped the points. Seems fine now. Just a cranky old saw but it sure does sound sweet!

I've had several, currently debating whether my Mac 55 is worth rebuilding. It runs but idles way fast with everything turned down so I'm guessing air leak somewhere plus it needs a muffler. May cost more to fix than it's worth..

I took the 55 completely apart today, didn't take the short block apart, it looked good. I think I'll eventually do a pressure test on it to see if it really had a leak. Glad I took it apart, the fuel tank was really cruddy inside and the saw had dirt caked on it everywhere so I'll probably clean it up real good and wait for some parts when I find out what all I need. The thing looked pretty dry around the main seals so maybe I won't have to replace them. Might have been running lean because of a dirty carburetor..

Back