made in China..cant wait

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AH any 12'' will do higher the HP the better oh and it must be a disk chipper price haven't a clue well not exactly true ,but thats the sellers dept lol..any ideas when i might take delivery??

Thor and Rolla- I'm bloody well ashamed that you geezers are my countrymen, wots wrong with Brits making things and you lot buying em. It wern't this way when I was a lad, wankers supporting 'orrible wogs. Where av we gorn wrong eh, too think that we won the war, twice. couldn't do that again, bloody bone idle twats what was the British workingman in our past.

nice one patriotic clearance ,well said from a bloke who jumped a 'sinking ship' [dear old England] and headed off to new pastures lol

Rolla, why a disk? A drum would be more compact, and take less horsepower to chip larger timber. How much power do you want? 100hp or 250hp?

I reckon a 10" x 18" twin feed, high torque feed motors, 5' wide feed pan with winch, 100hp cat or detroit deisel, and priced at £18000 would be about right...

Have you tried a bandit?

Clearance - like to see you use a 6" timberwolf for a day - and pay $30000usd for it...

ill be buying off the chinese straight up,they build housing blocks across from there factorys so they can run 24/7,drum is better than disc rolla more even blade wear.and this coming from a bloke whos relo's got the boot from the old dart LOL bless there theiving souls. :p

Rolla, Thor-just aving you on, pulling yer leg. I came here when I was 4, no choice in the matter, but very happy I grew up here and live here. Anyways, I try to avoid chipping and people, I get sent to climb on r.o.w. or do land clearing. Not scared to chip, my boss got some new Vermeer self feeders. I like to see brush get stuffed in a bin by a hoe or left to rot in the bush though. What I want to see is the quality of stuff made in the western countries be of superior quality, not happy with the progressive decline I see.

The best chipper manufacturers in the world? The Swedes. Bruks or Erjo. superb quality, sophisticated iqan control, variable pressure hydraulics, 470hp scania power, hardox chipper housings, etc etc. The downside? fearsome prices. about £180k for a chipper, or $300k

Be careful promoting Swedish quality; you'll have Mange posting here :laugh:. My apologies, Mange, I could knot resist the temptation.

Last edited:
buy stuff made in whatever country you live in. or else you might have to see youre neighbor lose his house/ life because his job at the factory is gone along with 10,000 other sorry bastards. theyre kids have to go to school in old clothes. the father has to work 2 jobs just to feed his family, i wont even get into healthcare god forbid if someone gets hurt. retirement what retirement? but ill bet the chinese folks that made those tools you bought are buying lots of christmas presents with the money they made off you(oh yeah they dont celebrate christmas oops!!!)

buy products that youre countrymen made because youll be sorry someday you didnt, just like alot of us here in the u.s are

Wedge, I agree with you wholeheartedly in principle, but I have to refer to my previous post: It is increasingly difficult to find truelly Made in (name the country of your choice). This is especially true here in the USA.

difficult but not impossible there are plenty of tool companise made in us including power tools electronics im not too sure of though. gimme an example

hi Guys sorry to jump into this late,

My point of view is that you have to buy what is the best value, it does not matter what country it is made in. if that country can not buld a good reliable product at the best price then it should not be in bussness,
Buying a product because it is made in your country, and by your neighbour does not make sence if it is not good quilty/price .
This is what happed to the north american car industiry not to long ago we got passed by the japanise and euoopieans , they passed us in price and quililty, and we ar still playing catch up..
We have to make our companies realize that they need to increase the quilty of there products and lower there price , if you keep falseely buying the product , they see no reasoin to change there ways till it is too late..
It's like only dealing with the tree company in your town even thouht he does crapy work, when there is a company in the next town who works better and cheaper but you will not deal with him because he lives in the other town.
How is or why should your home town guy change if he knows that he has your bussness because he lives in your town.

well i hope i made my point.
my two cents play safe
lawmart

It costs more to pay american workers. The cost of living here is higher, thus the higher price on things made here. This whole sellout to china thing makes me sick. We are just handing them all the technology it took us years to develop. I personally will not knowingly buy anything made there.

I dont think the US handed them any technology, most of their engineering know how has come from europe - a lot of engineering consultants working over there. Dont forget they had history and culture etc. when we were still making mud pies... :p

Race to the bottom, lets go down to a third world level and be happy with a bowl of rice for a days slaving, great. I want to live good, I want people here to live good, why not bring in people from some hole who will love to cut trees for $10 a day, that would follow getting stuff cheap? It isn't all about money, c'mon figure it out.

most people cant see the writing on the wall till its an evicton notice or a layoff slip. the worst part is those of us who care will go down with the rest of them. hopefully china will send aid to us when were third world

america to the lowest bidder

sounds great, can't wait.
Is it so wrong that they should desire a higher standard of living from a growing economy?

Latest posts

Back