made in China..cant wait

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not wrong at all, just as long as it doesnt hurt everyone else. as far as im concerned china could drop off the map. i could care less if any of em work i worry about me and my own.

. i could care less if any of em work i worry about me and my own.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

When you spend money it's like voting with your dollars.

So, you want to vote for poor human rights, poor living standards, no holidays, no superannuation, no sick leave, no environmental policies, no work place health and safety etc etc ... that is what you are doing.

If you think your country and standard of law, social justice, freedom of speech, democratic rights etc etc is good, buy home made.

It amazes me that what I perceived as intelligent people would actually not give a crap about their fellow countrymen.

We all do jobs and get paid, the people that pay us work somewhere, if they don't have a job many things happen

A/ They start trying to do your job (hacks etc)
B/ Taxes go up as the social security system gets burdened
C/ Bankrupties rise, recession follows
D/ Crime rises
E/ You start doing it tough and tougher as prices fall, competition gets heated, there's less cutomers wanting tree work.

Oh yeah, but you got that bargain from China ... well done, you're real intelligent. Your the one that thought you'd get away unscathed. You wanted to leverage your lifestyle ... you know, earn good money in a good country and buy from the third world nice and cheap, heck you'd get twice as much or pay half as much ... but the price you'll pay and that of your countrymen will be a lot worse in the long run.

Think I'm full of **** ... take a closer look. Australia's standard of living has slipped remarkedly over the last 25 years, home ownership is becoming a nightmare instead of a dream. It is getting worse.

I just remind you all, every time you spend you are voting with your dollars. Just like that customer who said "you weren't the cheapest quote but I'd like to give you the job"

Well said Ekka. How far we (Allied force countries of W.W. 2) have sunk since the post war prosperity that was from the late 40s through the 70s. When I joined the workforce in 85, the good times where over and we were into the downhill slide that is excellerating, despite what the neo-con politicians tell us. How pathetic that the people who control the vast capital at corporations based in our countries have chosen to invest in countries that can undercut us at our expense. And that consumers buy cheap, not realizing or in some peoples case (on this thread) not caring that they are helping to kill their countries future.

Chiniese cheap ???

Now take my local takeaway, More Expensive then the American Burger, More expensive then the Indian, and more expensive the The British chippy """".

So will the Chiniese be cheaper ?.

Still gives me Idear I think Ill make my next product brocure with numbers for easy ordering, " no/ 34, 12" chipper & no/ 16, Top lift to go. Still if you get the "WONG" number you might get a 6" chipper.

Don't allways know whats in your spring roll, will you know whats in your chipper?.

LOL...........

The fact on price and value will always be in the Exchange rates when it comes to imported goods and shiiping rates the far east need to pack the shipping full to maintain price , volume, so Larger goods ie: big chippers take up to much room :) but smaller plant 4", 6" chippers pack nicely in to cubes, IN VOLUME :cry: .

IMO it's a dog eat dog world ,i could'nt really give a hoot about my fellow countrymen,just like they could'nt give a stuff about me when they get 5 or 6 quote's!. My country is made up of non English speaking immigrant's anyway

Yes i know buying from other country's will hurt us all in the long run [well might] but again IMO the can of worm's is already open .

Pandoras box was opened a long time ago. and as far as i'm concerned my countrymen just want to rip me off by charging way to much for crap products, so its tough luck if i go elsewhere. most chippers are either built in US or germany anyway. the only ones i used that were built in Aus were a pile of ????e anyway. (sorry Ekka)

nice chat,,everyone is missing one big point...i don't care what you buy...save all the money you can..but,,,any thing you use,,,will eventually break!!!! you can buy a machine from mars...but can you get parts, service,and support from mars???? i don't think so...last thing i'd want to do, is to mail order a machine and have no local dealer!!!! what do you tell a customer when your machine breaks down on the job?? 1 : service guy is comming,,,i'll run to the dealer get parts,,,i'll get loaner to finish the job
or do you say 2: i bought a no name machine, from a no name company from mars..Boy, did i save a boat load of money!!!! but my machine is stuck in your yard, till the mars shuttle comes in... ( slow boat from china) ,,,so i'm not only willing to screw the rest of my work week up,, i'm going to screw your plans up also, to save a few bucks!!!!!!

you can buy a machine from mars...but can you get parts, service,and support from mars????

i hear theres some hot deals going down over there.

There obviously appears to be a problem in England.

Don't get it though, about 70 million people living in a place the size of one of our smaller states. You'd think that there would be some demand for a quality local product ... and for the services you guys perform.

What has happened over there ... too many immigrants? Hacks?

Dog eat dog world is a pretty tough stance, have you a lot of bite marks?

If you buy all local stuff in the western world its going to cost 3 times as much to make and buy, so you can only afford a third of the amount of things that you normally buy. So there is less sales volume. The couple low skill jobs you save is lost due to lack of retail volume. People in the western world make alot of money buying shipping and onselling chinese goods.
Buying overseas goods is good for everyone (well almost). Do you think any of the car companys in the UK or US would have got their crap anywhere near as together as they do today? Remember truimph motorcycles, remember the harleys of the 70's and 80's, How about the morris marina?We put up with CRAP because the companies had little real competition and treated buyers with arogant distain. Do you want to bring back the days before german, japanese and swedish chainsaws? Do you want to pay thousands for your average TV and VCR? The international competition is why we have things as good as we do. Cheap imports is why we are able to own as much as we do and not support manufacturing jobs that pay so little the people might as well be on welfare.

If everyone buys more locally it means there is less spending money as products become more expensive, so less money go into services, restraunts, tourism, education and that means we are all out of pocket as treework is the first thing that gets cut back in peoples budget when the money gets short.

as i see it business is business and market force's are always and will always be there

lots of so called 'made in the uk' products are manufactured in the old 'eastern' block and shipped over here in crates and bolted together here so that they can say made in the uk **its boll*cks** as a consequece most of the uk workforce
'dont' make anything anymore, our manufacturing industry is gone we are a nation of call centre's n offices

so whats the real difference whether the guys in the factory are called ivan or ying

if the price and construction and spec's are right some will buy it

which is fine untill it busts and it will !! if the importer is smart, that should n't be a big problem

*compromise* from our home grown manufacturers will be the only way to plug the leak

Lets face it, our home grown manufacturers have lost the plot when it comes to building quality kit, unless its bespoke. we lost the ability and reputation to build high quality engineering long ago. very sad considering our industrial heritage.

assembly plants as far as the eye can see parts curtiousy of bulgaria and china

viva democracy

Last edited:
There's some serious flaws in arguments saying importing is OK.

It's called balance of payments, the country month by month is going backwards financially as money is sent overseas for product.

Australia fortunately has a large natural resources and farming for exports. But that alone is not enough. We run a deficit of approx $1.5 billion a month, that's huge, in the last 10 years it's grown from 3% of our GDP to over 6%.

Service jobs merely spread existing money around ... they don't bring exports, or money from other countries into yours ... that's the true Chinamans economy ... I'll cut your hair whilst you clean my windows etc.

Finally, the following cars, Jaguar, BMW, Fiat, Volvo, Holden, GMC, Chrysler, Mercedes etc are all produced in relevant wealthy nations which shows it can be done and the workers can have a decent living.

Imagine if America's motor car industry fell over. Over here our Holden is stronger than ever and supported by the locals ... thank god.

Cars from Japan reign strong over here Ekka..the only cars worth buying imo are German or Japanese..When i was last over in AUSTRALIA it looked like jap cars were the most popular to me..

JUSTSTUMPS dont worry they the chinese will make the part's ,it only makes good business sence ,and belive me they have plenty of that ,had it not been for Communism they would have probably been the joint super power buy now.

kids overhere are now opting to learn MANDARIN [CHINESE ] instead of German and french etc

I have nothing against the chinese or any other country for that matter. Just the
capitalists taking advantage of them.

Holden and Ford are huge over here. We have V8 Supercar racing featuring nothing but the two and it has big following, over in NZ to.

Then there's Toyota. They have a big factory in Melbourne and assemble the cars there. Also the Govt insists that there's a 20% or so Australian made content. So you'll find components made here like alternators, water pumps, tyres, rims, starter motors, shock absorbers etc etc.

I just had a look at the stats for UK, here's the address http://www.statistics.gov.uk/instantfigures.asp

You guys are running around £3 billion deficit a month. And here's some more news, what's your total debt ... At the end of 2004 general government debt was £481.4 billion, equivalent to 41.6 per cent of GDP. It remains substantially within the reference value for excessive debt. But this figure (unlike Australia's) doesn't include the private sector which is getting close to £1000 billion! So total UK debt is in the £1.5 trillion area.

Australia’s net foreign debt was $422 billion (total public and private) in the December 2004 quarter, an estimated 51 per cent of GDP. The general government share of Australia’s net foreign debt has fallen sharply in recent years, accounting for only 5.0 per cent of total net foreign debt in the December quarter – well below the 17.2 per cent share in 1996.

So, if you're game you can look up China, it runs around $200billion US dollars surplus per annum ... so, you do not have to be Einstein to figure out where your going. That's cold hard cash.

Go for a cruise on the internet and realise your future, you think it's dog eat dog now, but you may prefer that to rats.

Back