Made my decision

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeeez

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok after doing all the reading I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a MS250 with a 16" bar. I will post pics soon after I put it to good use later on this week. :)

thank you all for your input

My brother bought one a while back and loves it for his homeowner duties. He also likes stihl homeowner Y-bar weed trimmers, blowers, etc. Never a problem as of now. GL with the new toy.

I've been tearin it up with my 250 last week or so. keep the chain sharp.:D :D

I plan on purchasing the M55 yardboss in the not so distant future :)

one thing i was dissapointed was that my dealer said that the "picco" chain had been discontinued, and instead they only had the RSC chain.... I really wanted the picco... :( ohh well

Is all the picco chain being discontinued or just the .050?
My new little MS180 takes .043 picco and if it's going away I'd better grab me some!

Have to admit I don't like the Stihl 250 - the Husky 350 is much better, but it will probably serve you well anyway.....:blob2: :blob2:

SawTroll said:
Have to admit I don't like the Stihl 250 - the Husky 350 is much better, but it will probably serve you well anyway.....:blob2: :blob2:
probably true, but price wise they are different we are talking about a slightly more expensive saw (350).

EDIT===

although power wise its only .1kw more....

deeeez said:
I plan on purchasing the M55 yardboss in the not so distant future :)

one thing i was dissapointed was that my dealer said that the "picco" chain had been discontinued, and instead they only had the RSC chain.... I really wanted the picco... :( ohh well

???? The chain hasn't been discontinued... There is a PMC and and PMC3.. and the PMN is available..

The MS250 is only .325 in the USA... with RSC or RMC (if released in your area); the MS210 and MS230 are Picco..

Lakeside53 said:
???? The chain hasn't been discontinued... There is a PMC and and PMC3.. and the PMN is available..

The MS250 is only .325 in the USA... with RSC or RMC (if released in your area); the MS210 and MS230 are Picco..

but I can always switch the bar and clutch thingi (chain spinning thing), and put the picco on?

Lakeside53 said:
If you really want to.. but the 325 is a great choice for the MS250.

What's the most aggresive chain i can put on with .325 setup with my 16" bar?

SawTroll said:

I thought I was having fun today, but I guess I was wrong.:blob2:

Stick with the .325

Follow lakeside's advice & go with RS, RSC, or even plain RM. Just look for the box that has the yellow warning label & yellow drive link. My poulan uses a 3/8" low profile which is similar to Stihl's picco and I hate it. It dulls a lot faster & the smaller teeth are more difficult to file. The MS250/025 is a great saw. You'll be suprised by the amount of power it has for being so small.

Do use the stihl .325 RS or RSC chain. I do agree that it is the best .325 chain out there, I love the bigger cutters. My other .325 chain from other makers seem to have smaller cutters. I have only ran the RS, but heard the RSC is the updated .325. One of the stihl guys will tell you for sure.

deeeez said:
Ok after doing all the reading I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a MS250 with a 16" bar. I will post pics soon after I put it to good use later on this week. :)

thank you all for your input

Man, you screwed up, what a piece of poo, stupid, stupid decision....:hmm3grin2orange:

Seriously, nice little saw. Had to get you going a little bit, were you scared? Maybe just for a minute?

We love pictures. Go have fun.

Mark

Latest posts

Back