made the boss mad today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdtreewalker

arboristsite window licker
Reaction score
sooo... I bought a few saws today with 100 bucks that she was saving for her trip to florida in a week and a half. She was MAD...

View attachment 296446

haven't looked at them to see if they run yet. the plan was when I bought them was to get em goin and flip em

Okay so you're either brave or crazy. LOL. Good luck with them though. Hope you do well.

This is one time you need to work quickly and intelligently. At this point through her eyes you are inconsiderate and fiscally irresponsible. You need to get them cleaned up and sold so you can hand her $150 for her trip and thank her for trusting you on the expenditure. A little bit of profit given to her will smooth the waters down the road.

My wife has never really complained about what I spend money on. If it's something I want, and I'm happy, then she's happy. Same goes for the other way around. If the $$$ is there, it's better spent on a tangible asset than sitting in paper(or binary) form, depreciating in value faster than you can generate more of it. :angrysoapbox:

That said, I don't raid my wife's $$$ stash, and she doesn't raid mine.

I kind of provoked him....... I like pizzin her off about as much as I like saws.

My wife has never really complained about what I spend money on. If it's something I want, and I'm happy, then she's happy. Same goes for the other way around. If the $$$ is there, it's better spent on a tangible asset than sitting in paper(or binary) form, depreciating in value faster than you can generate more of it. :angrysoapbox:

That said, I don't raid my wife's $$$ stash, and she doesn't raid mine.

I didn't technically raid her stash, it was in our bank account just sittin there screaming "you need these saws, they will turn a profit!!!!"

Oh yea, cant forget about this oneView attachment 296459View attachment 296460:hmm3grin2orange:

ITs easier to beg for forgiveness
than ask fer permission
she will get over it,,,

NO Worrys buy a few more and smile..

if you got all 3 of those for $100 bucks then Id say you did very well. I also agree with the others- it's very hard to ask for permission when it comes to CAD. I have no problem asking for it for anything else (even expensive stuff) but there is something about saws that just seems to get me in trouble. IN 2012 I was "buy" crazy and bought anything that interested me. This year, I made a goal to only only buy 2 more saws unless I sell something I already have (and now I don't even know if they "540xp & 661" will be avail in 2013).

As long as the bills are paid and we have what we need, my wife and I don't worry about each other's fun expenditures.

saw, quad, and dirt bike purchases always get me into trouble :( everything else usually goes ok :) it's not so much the money though as I hide away bit by bit until I have enough so she don't even notice a big drop :msp_sneaky: it's more the room needed to own this stuff. she already says I have to many saws but I don't even have a fraction of what some of you guys have :(

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission my friend.

I live by this one! I thought I might have pushed this the day I just showed up with a 100hp tractor. Believe it or not, it went smoother than a $50 chainsaw! :confused:

Back