Mahle piston replacemt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodgerm140

Reaction score
I have a Jonsered 2077 with a Mahle piston & cylinder assembly. Piston girdle has a crack in and I want to replace it as the cylinder assembly is perfect. The cylinder is a Mahle 52 zn20. Can I use any 52mm piston designed for this saw or does it have to be a Mahle unit? Mahle is not very helpful online. Thank you for any assistance..

You can use any brand piston recommended for your saw. Just be certain it matches your old piston in size and same for the wrist pin and skirts. A little research will go along way. I will say that the less you pay for it the less the quality. Id say to look at the Meteor brand for an aftermarket option.

Thanks guys, it makes sense that as long as it is the same bore size it would work but tolerances are close on 2 strokes with the porting. Don't change a piston every day so I was not 100% sure. I will break out the calibers once I get the replacement but at least I can order with confidence that I am just not wasting my time and money by getting something that won't even be close. I tend to like the older saws so keeping them running is a lot better then just having it sit on the shelf.

064 piston may work also. 066 piston fits in the 2083.

Back