Maine GTG In Early Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like you guys had a blast.:clap: Sheesh and I missed that for my kids pumpkin carving party.:( My wife needs to plan a little better! Thanks for the pics and videos.

Good times !!

Thanks to Moss for hosting, and letting all of us destroy what would have been several hundred dollars of firewood for his customers ! :rock:

peterc38 let me mooch a ride up from his place, saving me half the expense of getting there. :bowdown:

Wow, all the saws I got to run. Ambull and leeha's BIG saws were a blast...... running those Kart saws put a big ####eating grin on my face from ear to ear. Loved rmihalek's big bore Makita too. Always thought I was happy with my 346 till I ran Chuck'rs 346...... that saw RIPS !

Great meeting everyone.... and thanks to all who came and brought saws. Thanks to the guys that brought food, cooked, wives that helped out, etc. Too many people there went above and beyond to name individually. Amazing how many guys drove long distances to show up .

I sure look forward to the next one ! :greenchainsaw:

To echo what the others have said, I had an absolute blast. It's so great to meet the faces and personalities behind the handles.

Without going into too much detail, a lot of the saws that were there are truly amazing. The 562xp was everything I thought it could be. However, there were many ported saws there that truly blew me away.

A big thanks to everyone who came out, brought eats, etc.

And a huge thanks to mossman for having us and being a great host.

Good to hear everyone had a good time, I know I had a blast even though I probably walked 30 miles in 12 hours!

I'm glad some of you took the time between sawing to grab some photos and videos, I didn't even take one.

Next year I hope to have some larger diameter logs as well as some pine cants on hand.

The day flew by so quickly we didn't get much of a chance to toss back a couple cold ones after the show, maybe next year we will.

You got the last of those lobsters picked out yet??? LOL!!!! Speaking for the silver truck Red Team we had an exxcellent day!!! Ya done good Moss!!!! It was great that some folks came such a long distance to make chips in your dooryard!!! The only thing I can think of that would have made it better was if the wind didn't blow quite so hard...made up cutting very poor!! However I can take the wind any day over rain.. Excellent folks each and every one and lots of saws...some mild... some wild!! I kinda feel bad that I badgered Lee to bring up that 111S and then didn't run it...but after he threw the chain it was making a weird sound and I didn't want to be the one running it when something went to hell. Not because I was worried about the danger but I have a true fobia about breaking someone elses stuff.. Making this an anual thing would be good even if we moved it around so one guy didn't have all the hassle every year. I have been thinking of perhaps hosting one at my sawmill sometime in the future...lot of sawdust there..and a ready supply of cants..made to order.... as needed within minutes of the need!!! Not tryin to cut in on your GTG but just thinking to the future. Thank you very much for all you did and are probably still doing to make this happen. I must also mention at your GTG I did not see even one cigarette smoker........now isn't that weird all by itself??....not that I frett about this but it did make it difficult to find a light to start the lobster cooker!!!!! LOL Next time I may have to bring a coal wrapped up tight in green grass to start the fire!!! HAHA!!!!

Now that I see pics with names next to them, I remember everyone! Lol my memory is not so great. I had no idea who I was talking to until I saw the pictures after the fact. Again, it was awesome meeting everyone. Sorry I had to leave so early, but no doubt there was a ton of fun packed into the time I was there.

I hope everyone who wanted to got a good run on the 562, it was there for all to try out.

I gotta say my personal faves were chuckr's 372 along with moss mans 362xp, those were really something else!

And moss man - again, thanks for hosting, and that processor is really something else. Thanks for taking the time to fire it up before we left, I don't need one but I want one! LOL

Awesome pic's and videos. Wish I could have made it but we were helping with a fund raiser yesterday. Hopefully next year I can make it up.

Moss Man, your firewood customers are going to be pissed when you show up and deliver them a cord of cookies! :laugh:

You got the last of those lobsters picked out yet??? LOL!!!! Speaking for the silver truck Red Team we had an exxcellent day!!! Ya done good Moss!!!! It was great that some folks came such a long distance to make chips in your dooryard!!! The only thing I can think of that would have made it better was if the wind didn't blow quite so hard...made up cutting very poor!! However I can take the wind any day over rain.. Excellent folks each and every one and lots of saws...some mild... some wild!! I kinda feel bad that I badgered Lee to bring up that 111S and then didn't run it...but after he threw the chain it was making a weird sound and I didn't want to be the one running it when something went to hell. Not because I was worried about the danger but I have a true fobia about breaking someone elses stuff.. Making this an anual thing would be good even if we moved it around so one guy didn't have all the hassle every year. I have been thinking of perhaps hosting one at my sawmill sometime in the future...lot of sawdust there..and a ready supply of cants..made to order.... as needed within minutes of the need!!! Not tryin to cut in on your GTG but just thinking to the future. Thank you very much for all you did and are probably still doing to make this happen. I must also mention at your GTG I did not see even one cigarette smoker........now isn't that weird all by itself??....not that I frett about this but it did make it difficult to find a light to start the lobster cooker!!!!! LOL Next time I may have to bring a coal wrapped up tight in green grass to start the fire!!! HAHA!!!!

Sorry, I didn't know you were having trouble looking for a lighter. I don't smoke, but I keep one on me just in case I need to light something. :msp_smile:

great pics thnks woodchuckr ,looks like you guys had a blast ,oh and those cookies will burn justa fine ,split easy too ,i was burnin em for 2 weeks after a gtg here last year cheers jk

Good to hear everyone had a good time, I know I had a blast even though I probably walked 30 miles in 12 hours!

I'm glad some of you took the time between sawing to grab some photos and videos, I didn't even take one.

Next year I hope to have some larger diameter logs as well as some pine cants on hand.

The day flew by so quickly we didn't get much of a chance to toss back a couple cold ones after the show, maybe next year we will.
Moss Man, God Love you for putting on that GTG!!! Although it killed me not to be able to come seeing you guys enjoying yourselfs after the week of weather we had was great!! I've had the flu all week. Really rough. Had the fevers so bad had to use two beds. One would get soaked so I'd go into the other one. Unreal. But I'm pulling out of it. Also Amazingly after only getting a little sleep Fri. night had to cut up a big live black oak that my idiot neighbor had dropped and just left in a corner of a big sloped field in the back of my house. on Town land. I know the Head of the Tree Dept. an d if he had seen this green tree laying down on town land the guy would have been thrown right in jail. I could barely move, but finally got up went in the shed and grabbed my 262 Husky and limbed it and cut most of it up. Then a friend of mine went up and grabbed my 79cc Dolkita and I finished it. Then I cut the stump, which almost killed me and I covered it up. So I did get in some saw play while you guys were. It was really cool knowing you were cutting at the same time.. I wasn't there but I was in spirit because I've been thru there a number of times in the early 70's. Maybe next year.

Great pictures. Seeing your faces for real is a joy. Thank you!!

Last edited:
I mentioned it to my wife about the lack of cigarette smoking, that is very rare. Like Robin, I have no issues with smokers but it is rare to have 2 dozen people on hand and not one smoker.

Cantdog, having a GTG up at your place wouldn't be a bad idea at some point for varieties sake. I don't mind having more here, I am still tossing ideas around for the next one.

Thanks all. Moss you did a great job putting it all together. Glad to see everyone enjoying my heavy hitter saws. Leeha great saws you brought, and it was awesome running them. I was good to see J Walker again, and to meet all the others. The weather started out perfect, and we finished up before the rains came.

Yeah just tossing the idea around...would not be soon....mill yard is not what one might call "public ready" at this point LOL!! But it would be a good place...lot of wood around....clean up done with a bucket loader!! I don't live there ...it is what it is...a mill yard!! Neighbors would just love it!! I've owned the mill and property since 1985.....had no neighbors then..do now..LOL!! I had one contact me yrs ago when I was running the mill 6 days a week and fixin stuff on the other day...and "want to talk"...I agreed and we arranged a time......he showed up at the mill with 5 beers missing from a sixpak and proceeded to tell me that he was not all that pleased with a sawmill next to his back yard and that I should move it....HAHAHA!!!!!!! "Really????" I said...he said "yeah".. and he knew a guy that might persuade me!!......HeHeHe..."No kiddin?? Tell you what....why don't I just sell you the mill and property for what I figure it's worth to me." He brightened up a bit....but then got real cloudy when I mentioned my price and started sputtering about "####### sawmills burning down every once in a while" HAHAHA!!!!! I casually explained to him that the mill had always been insured for enough to cover the replacement of an even better mill should that happen and perhaps he really ought to send his friend by to have a chat!! "Tell him to bring his lunch" I laughed....he swilled the last of the spitback in his bottle and spun his pickup the entire length of the mill road!! HAHA Twit!!! That was yrs ago....his ol' lady tossed his azz out and divorced him a couple yrs later. I met her one morning walking her dog on my road a couple of yrs ago and she was all aplogetic for the twit we had a good laugh...the mill never bothered her in the least......it's good to have happy neighbors!!!!

Back