Makita 4300 or Echo 490 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxus

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to buy a handy smaller saw for cutting soft wood under 12" diam . Usually like to get 4 cords a year myself and can truck home about 2/3 of a cord a time .

Seems like the Makita 4300 or Echo 490 are both up to the job from what i have been reading . The powerhead weight seems very close around 10.8 lbs each , if i remember correctly .

Here in Canada the price difference is that the Echo is $83 dollars more . That is a fair bit for 7 more CC's.

Probably will go with the Makita 4300 unless the quality of the builds lately has fallen off . Thoughts ?

Home Depot has the lowest advertised prices locally . Sometimes new stock has a higher price than the saw sitting right beside it .

Maybe I'll try to dicker with the dealers in town .

Looking to buy a handy smaller saw for cutting soft wood under 12" diam . Usually like to get 4 cords a year myself and can truck home about 2/3 of a cord a time .

Seems like the Makita 4300 or Echo 490 are both up to the job from what i have been reading . The powerhead weight seems very close around 10.8 lbs each , if i remember correctly .

Here in Canada the price difference is that the Echo is $83 dollars more . That is a fair bit for 7 more CC's.

Probably will go with the Makita 4300 unless the quality of the builds lately has fallen off . Thoughts ?
The 4300 is Still brilliant. Same Makita quality control and material standards as always. Even if people here say they are now made in china most tools now are. My Makita and DeWalt brushless drivers and drills are made in china and the Makita is smashed and been used in the pouring rain and still works faultless. The DeWalt is Also a China born impact driver and is faultless and used very very heavily. I have a Makita 6100. It is my go to saw due to knowing it will always start and has heaps of torque and the build quality is built for durability if you ask me. The 4300 should be no different, it's the cheapest pro build saw on the market over here. £270 new.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back