Makita 5600 issue..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajmaudio

Reaction score
Got a new 5600 last year.. Has always been a little quirky about idle speed changing whenmoving the saw around\changing positions, also came pig rich out of the box. It has also always "burped" some when running with with in the cut even when tuned to 13000rpm... An odd occasional brrrp with a deeper tone. Now the saw surges when reving under no load and didn't want to rev past about 12200 no matter what. Anyone have any thoughts? Should have probably exchanged it last season as I never felt like it ran quite right. Hasn't been abused... 50:1 on saber or stihl always

Sounds like it needs a good proper tune. It could be the carb needs cleaning or a fuel filter needs replacing but from what you've posted it sounds like its a good tune away from being the saw it should. I 'guess' its too rich. You should check the spark arrestor screen in the muffler outlet, pull it out and burn off any carbon with a propane torch.

Thanks for the reply... I probably should be more clear. The saw was rich but I fixed that. The little burps I mentioned isn't 4 stroking I don't think and I can lean it out to the point it starts to run clean at wot no load and it won't get past 12200. Spark arrestor is clear and saw has only seen one season of very little use. It's been doing the burp and weird idle stuff I mentioned since new... The surging and lack of rpm is new.

Latest posts

Back