• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita 6401/7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinwilt68

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw has had a new OEM 7910 top end, bearings, seals, gaskets, HD air filter, top cover, and full wrap, Maroon colored coil ( the good one to have) limited to 13,500 I believe, Mini D handle and dyed black flippy caps. Saw has about a 1/2 tank thru it since rebuild, I built this saw for me but something has come up and I have to move quickly, it is all OEM except the caps are husky and the D handle is unknown brand. The saw currently has the matte finish filter cover on it, as in the first pic. I traded the gloss cover to another member so we could each have matching covers on our saws, saw is stock. $600 plus shippingIMG-20180429-WA0019.jpeg IMG-20180420-WA0032.jpeg

Somebody school me on the Husqvarna flippies; are they similar to the stihl flippy caps? Or are they just a standard screw-in cap that has a flip up lever to assist in turning the cap? I've never seen the Husqvarna caps in person....

The Husqvarna caps are a typical screw in cap with a flip up part.

To dye them black you will use RIT clothes dye found at WalMart and many other stores. I used a small sauce pan to dye the caps on my kitchen stove. Wife was asleep of course!

If you want completly black caps order the Stens brand. For some reason on the Husqvarna caps the flippy part takes the dye but the main body does not. I'll post pics when I get home.

The price is killing me. Ive got a saw just like this I'm going to sell eventually and was hoping for more.

I had the stens flippy caps on my 7900 and they always weeped. Not really a leak but if I wiped that area around them clean, the next day there would be residue around both the oil and fuel caps. The way the caps seal doesn't really match up with the mating surface on the saw. Maybe it was just those caps I dont know, but it wasn't a perfect fit so I went back to the stock caps.

20190122_144106.jpg 20190122_144114.jpg
Ran to Tractor Supply at lunch and found these. Doesn't have a husqvarna part # on them that I could tell. Guess I'll see if they fit when I get home! The saw for sale in this thread is a fantastic deal! Sorry for the small derail with the flip cap stuff...

Latest posts

Back