• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Makita 6401 PHO; 6400c P/C + Muffler + Covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Yes, kids, another 6401 comes up for sale! And some 6400-series parts, too!

*************************************************************************************************

This one was purchased some years back (2006? 2007?) from Home Depot Rental for a friend. He ran it for a few years, a couple times per year and it always ran strong. Then last fall he told me it wouldn't start. He's notorious for flooding the crap out of saws so I took it home with an eye toward figuring out what's up. It will fire on mix poured down the carb throat. Anyway, I didn't have the time to fix it over the winter and am too busy to tinker, so I bought him a new 365xt and figured I'd work on it eventually and keep it for myself. But I know, honestly, I won't get around to it. So here it is, for sale!

I went out to the garage tonight to snap some pics. Compression is great, as you can see. The saw is in reasonable cosmetic condition. I put a new upper A/V spring (the handle-to-cylinder one) on last summer. The other springs feel fine. It ran well and pumped oil vigorously last summer. I'm assuming that it's a carb kit or fuel line issue that is preventing fuel delivery, but I didn't check and don't know.

$265 shipped CONUS, PHO. PayPal as a gift or Postal Money Order.

*************************************************************************************************

And while we're on the subject of the 6400/6401, I have a brand new take-off piston and cylinder AND cat muffler (w/ bolts and upper spacer) AND new-style top covers (the matte black ones with the decomp on the right) that I would let go as a package for $100 shipped. They came on a NIB 6400c that is slated to become a 7900.

I'm pretty interested. I've been looking for a 6401 for a while now with an eye on doing the big bore. What are your thoughts on shipping to Soldotna, Alaska 99669?

I almost turned my 7900 into a 6400 because of the great deal OP had on the p/c combo. If my cylinder was bad I would have these parts on my saw now. And he was very helpful with questions even though I didnt end up needing the stuff.

BUMP

I have both PS-6400 & PS-7900. :)
With a 20" bar (or less) I think the PS-6400 is way under rated/appreciated.
I've been cutting hornbeam & cherry trees up to 20" in diameter with my PS-6400 this week.
I used a way to aggressive chain (rackers down .35-.50" , not by my doing) - even with pressure on the front handle my PS-6400 wouldn't bog down.

Yes , the PS-7900 has more grunt :chainsaw: and surely puts a ear-to-ear grin on my face , but the PS-6400 is not too shabby herself! :heart:

PS6400 in hornbeam.JPG

BTW , congratulations on Your successful PS-7900 rebuild! :rock:

would you separate the top covers and sell. shoot me a price shipped to 30534

Shoot me. A pm and price getting ready to open it up mine up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back