Makita EA3601...the most intriguing saw to date?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so it does match their drawing. There is a smallish direct transfer port at the front, in parallel with the reed valve path from case to transfers at the back. It seems a little mechanically complicated compared to the no-moving-parts strato on other saws, but then I'm not sure what the benefits are yet.
thats why i am having such a hard time wrapping my head around everything that is going on in this little engine......whatever they wanted to accomplish i think they did it because it runs pretty darn good for a 35cc saw.

Hopefully Makita Canada gets this soon.
Is the newer Makita 79cc out in the US?
They don't offer one in Canada right now except for old Dolmar 7910 stock that the distributor is clearing out.

I am sure "complicated build" has to do with not comming into conflict with existing patents held by husqvarna.

only catch to that is if thats the case, why didnt they just follow the path they chose for the 6100? I have a feeling that part of the complexity is to get around patents but some of it is designed to achieve a goal they had because this is miles apart from what husky, stihl, or even they did on the 6100.

I didn't know you had this thread here too Nate.
Here is a pic of the inside of the cases
df11ca268e7d729d94d4b09546fc7b36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anything else out there that the transfers start out that deep in the case?

This will sound stupid to you pros but that pic looks almost identical to a turbo we made for locomotive engines when I worked at GE.

I didn't know you had this thread here too Nate.
Here is a pic of the inside of the cases
df11ca268e7d729d94d4b09546fc7b36.jpg

This will sound stupid to you pros but that pic looks almost identical to a turbo we made for locomotive engines when I worked at GE.

Well don't leave us hanging....
Where are the pics???

Still studying the pics and guess what, the design still confuses me.

It is nice clean castings and machining that had lots of thought put into it.

You had a chance to put it in some wood yet?

You put those halves back together and turn it 180 degrees you have a turbo.

But in our case the turbo was 40" tall and weighed over 1000 pounds completely assembled.

Still studying the pics and guess what, the design still confuses me.

It is nice clean castings and machining that had lots of thought put into it.

You had a chance to put it in some wood yet?

No but I will today [emoji41]

Back