Manual Oiler help (homlite zip)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that was interesting. The 1/8" bearing I got went all the way through the check valve under preasure and blew the pickup hose off the end.

I went and got one size larger 9/64", put everything back together, seems to be working like a champ now. Finally got the oil to fling off the end of the bar at speed. :clap:

End of every year I'll put a little bit of fuel mix in my saws and it will squirt really far. I don't fill it with fuel mix, about a half shot of it into what-ever is left in the tank. It will really shoot it out of the hole too! Make sure you are outside - take the bar off - fire away!

Of course, the very next thing I do is backfill with bar oil again. But I've never had an oiler problem.

Homelites
XP-1020
SXL-925
XL-923
Xl-700
C-91
C-72
C-5

Pioneer
P-20
1200A

Lombard
Super Comango

Poulan

Breezio said:
Well that was interesting. The 1/8" bearing I got went all the way through the check valve under preasure and blew the pickup hose off the end.

I went and got one size larger 9/64", put everything back together, seems to be working like a champ now. Finally got the oil to fling off the end of the bar at speed. :clap:

I think you bay be missing something or have a worn seat.

What is your UT# ?

could be a worn seat, the saw is pretty old ;)

yeah the 1/8" bearings would fit partially down the oil passage and I couldn't push them through myself, but the pump had enough pressure to push them all the way through, this other one I got that is slighty larger seems to be working great though.

And I have no idea what my UT# is.. or even what a UT# is.. :)

I can only find one tag and the only number on it is the Serial number. 'B 1323315'

Back