Manual pole saw? Infrequent use, but long-term ownership

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious thing--post # 35 above, by a new member this morning from India, is nothing more than a translation of part of my post #7 from earlier this week. Have seen another similar thing here in the past. Bot in the making?

Here's this morning's post from a new member today, and then the original that I wrote earlier.

I'm not too concerned about this. Just curious.
Typical spammer tactics... make nonsense or seemingly irrelevant posts until post count is high enough to insert hot links and other spam....

Here's a photo of my rig. I had to take it to a machine shop to get the bolt holes made, as the steel was some sort of super hardened. Getting the right angle for the saw was tricky too--the first try didn't work right.

The hook part was originally part of a lopper that I don't need for my work. But that hook is very handy for hanging the saw on a limb when I'm up in the tree.

Attachments

• DSC02516.JPG
    DSC02516.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC02517.JPG
    DSC02517.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 5
. I had to take it to a machine shop to get the bolt holes made, as the steel was some sort of super hardened.
Usually only one hole, at most, needs to be installed. Try using an abrasive bit on a Dremel - pretty thin steel.

Sometimes, you get lucky, and the blade will fit a high-tech pole saw, like this one, that a neighbor used to use on the end of a stick.
A11FD916-FEEE-494C-B1EB-A753946153C2.jpeg
394B8236-5DA7-4B99-87E0-F90881001BA2.jpeg

Philbert

The Zubat blade has two bolt holes, and I needed holes drilled (or punched if I remember right) in the rather thick plate of the Corona to match them.

I've got pole saws from HD and from Lee Valley. Both are fine, although one locking method is a twist lock which I find can lead to slippage if you don't crank down on the tightener. Either way, I'd suggest getting the saw with the branch cutter rope thing, as that's very useful. I use mine hella lot when I walk my back 40 trimming back whatever needs pruning.

Hi Everyone
I'm not actually a homeowner, but my dad w...
Aaron
I don’t know the availability where you are but, ... I did some homework for my needs and found a particular pole saw worked great for me. This saw is the” camo” two in one
chainsaw/pole saw—(earthwise). However, it could be outside your scope because it’s a Lithium battery
type. But it really makes cutting of even 9 inch diam.easy!
I have one of the manual “blade on end” types too but the arms get tired given my amount needs of overhead foliage here at the house.
The telescopic aspect is stiff when extending, (what you want) but still requires user to have a bit of strength.
So if you think you have some strength,& only need to access overheads of 8 feet beyond your tip finger this could fit. Honestly, you would need to call me to see if the particulars are a fit for you, or the higher spindly, thin branches call for the analog reacher type.
You talked about something
lasting; that would fall into further discussion with me too. It just makes sense beyond what a text could convey.

Latest posts

Back