• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Mastermind Husqvarna 288 Lite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy in NC

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Husqvarna 288 Lite. Gone through for a total rebuild by Mastermind including all new bearings, seals, all rubber bits, etc. Full port job / squish mod etc. I got the saw back from Randy and after a tank of messing around the ignition went south. At that point I put all new OEM ignition on it including plug cap, trigger, coil, leads, switch, etc. I also added the standard 288 front spring mount in addition to the rubber AV's as I planned to run this on a mill. Also has a new clutch cover on it with brake assembly. This saw is as good as I know how to make it. That being said it pulls a 32" bar fine. I have gotten into milling and realize I would really like a 385/390 with side tension for the chain, easier oil adjustment, and easier to maintain rim sprockets. I have milled a 30" piece of sweet gum and the saw did fine. I have only put approximately 7-8 tanks through this saw since Randy went through it. Been run on Amsoil Sabre at 32:1 on 93 Non-E fuel. I baby my saws.

Looking to trade for a 385/390 running or a good project, or other large Husky saws. Not looking to swap for a total basket case. Would consider an outright sale for $650 PHO. I've got $250 in a port job and $160 in coils, all the rubber bits etc... I've spent a lot on this saw. I'm not needing to get rid of, just thought I'd throw it out there. Can get more pictures as requested... just using what I have here right now.

Husqvarna 288 Lite. Gone through for a total rebuild by Mastermind including all new bearings, seals, all rubber bits, etc. Full port job / squish mod etc. I got the saw back from Randy and after a tank of messing around the ignition went south. At that point I put all new OEM ignition on it including plug cap, trigger, coil, leads, switch, etc. I also added the standard 288 front spring mount in addition to the rubber AV's as I planned to run this on a mill. Also has a new clutch cover on it with brake assembly. This saw is as good as I know how to make it. That being said it pulls a 32" bar fine. I have gotten into milling and realize I would really like a 385/390 with side tension for the chain, easier oil adjustment, and easier to maintain rim sprockets. I have milled a 30" piece of sweet gum and the saw did fine. I have only put approximately 7-8 tanks through this saw since Randy went through it. Been run on Amsoil Sabre at 32:1 on 93 Non-E fuel. I baby my saws.

Looking to trade for a 385/390 running or a good project, or other large Husky saws. Not looking to swap for a total basket case. Would consider an outright sale for $650 PHO. I've got $250 in a port job and $160 in coils, all the rubber bits etc... I've spent a lot on this saw. I'm not needing to get rid of, just thought I'd throw it out there. Can get more pictures as requested... just using what I have here right now.

Nice saw. So it doesn't have a rim drive setup on it now? With a rim drive drum, this saw uses the same rims as a 385/390...

Edit:

Lightbulb over my head. I'm guessing you mean that you desire the inboard clutch setup of the 385/390XP as it's easier to swap rims.....

Nice saw. So it doesn't have a rim drive setup on it now? With a rim drive drum, this saw uses the same rims as a 385/390...

Edit:

Lightbulb over my head. I'm guessing you mean that you desire the inboard clutch setup of the 385/390XP as it's easier to swap rims.....

Exactly. I'll put what ever rim someone wants on it. It's a hoot with a 3/8 - 8 on it with a 24" bar. 3/8-7 with the 32" and it sings along nicely.

Real nice 660 offer right now....tempted but really looking for a Husky so I can keep all of my bar mounts the same. I know some one has a 385/390/394/395 they want rid of.

The 288 is the model that made me remove the Stihl "blinders" and come over to the dark side. It is a formidable model that is ever bit as relevant today as any current saw in it's class. My 288 would be the last saw I have to go.

All right fellas this one is mine now. I'm going to start an ad for it for sale. I don't need it with 2-064s and a 390 on the way.

I'm over the 288 now. This will be number 6 for me. You want it?

Of course I "WANT" it but I just bought that 064 and I've committed to Randy to let him port it and my 044 at the same time. And I still owe him for porting the 261cm. Started 2014 off pretty big- 261cm, 272xp, nos Hos Grinder, few bars. I gotta coast thru Feb or I might get kicked out of the house Im buying for my wife.:ices_rofl: The 288s always come at the worst possible time. It sure would be nice to have a "I might possibly sell this" thread that we can look at and plan ahead on. Never fails, buy something and next week "wham, there's your Holy Grail saw".:confused:

Well I traded the 394 for it and have no intention for it to make it to my house. I've got some 064s on the way and need to get a 56" mill bought. I want the mill t be waiting on me when I get home.

Latest posts

Back