Mastermind Meets the 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking foward to the outcome on this saw . Ilike stihl saws but husky has went to a whole new level with more models in auto-tune coming out . ( 550xp ) is what im waiting for. Thanks mastermind for a great thread .:clap:

Welp......I don't drink. :laugh:

The final port numbers ended up.....

Exhaust Duration: 161°

Blowdown: 17°

Strato Duration: 148°

Intake Duration: 153°

I'll probably end up going back in a time or two before I'm finished. I think that by adding a couple more degrees of intake timing the fuel mixture will overpower the strato event even more and that should add a bit of snot. I just hope the auto tune can make this stuff work out alright. :)

I cut the muffler in half in order to gut it and open it properly. It's welded back up and repainted. The owner wants a dual port with exhaust tubes. I also ordered a new muffler to go with the saw when it goes back home in case he wants a stock look for any reason.

I should have it wrapped up and running tomorrow.

Did you run the saw at all, before taking it apart? :msp_confused:

Edit; I found the answer! :msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
Great...... Just great!
Not only did I buy my 562 and Fiskars ax because of this site now I think I need a Tech Light, MM and port work done to my saw... Thanks guys! :msp_thumbup:

And I'm just gettin started reading in this site!

Subscribed as well.

Last edited:
Great...... Just great!
Not only did I buy my 562 and Fiskars ax because of this site now I think I need a Tech Light, MM and port work done to my saw... Thanks guys! :msp_thumbup:

And I'm just gettin started reading in this site!

Subscribed as well.

:msp_thumbup:, but we don't know the results yet! :biggrin::laugh::laugh:

I'm sure it will run a lot better with what he did. The setup is real similar to the 576 and it responded well to raising the exhaust a little bit.

Be prepared for this saw to be extremely loud Randy. I gutted the muffler on my 562 and it is hard on the ears now. Louder than any saw that I've owned. The port outlet is lined right up with the muffler outlet after you remove the baffles and tube. Nice build!

I hope you're recording video right about now..... :cheers:

From what i have ran the 555, if i bought a 562xp, I would leave her stock. Its plenty of power IMHO. But to each his own.

I've had this saw sitting in the shop for a few days, finally got some time to dive in.

It resembles a running shoe from this angle to me. :laugh:

attachment.php

Damn well made saw. After going through it I have the utmost respect for the designers.

attachment.php

I like the captive bar nuts too.

attachment.php

Three shoe clutch...

attachment.php

No mesh filter here.

attachment.php

Its going to be fun watching you do some magic on that 562 my friend.

Yup.....after futher consideration and evaluation Im thinkin Ill want a ported 562 after the vids are shown.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back