Mastermind Meets The Dolmar PS-6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know when for sure and another 6100 will be sent your way providing I can keep them on the shelf. At the moment they are proving to be a bit difficult to keep in stock

Keep it as long as You want. I should have another order coming in next week or so if you want another one ;)

Some of the Suzuki MX models of the late 70's had crankcase reeds and piston port induction together,but I can't remember the Trade name of the system,I had a new RM370 with it.

Save you're self the trouble and send me the dolmar and i will send you a nice poulan wildthing :dizzy: :laugh:

The 6100 feels slower, but has a butt load of torque. I probably ended up pushing too hard on the 562 after just running the Dolly. With a lighter touch the 562 would have been faster yet.
Always best to coddle the brand loyalists that butter your bread eh?

Just kiddin', you hang it out there for all to see.

Kudos on your first try, perhaps that stuff between your ears will come up with sumthin' 'mobetter' on your next tries.

What I like about the 6100 is that it reminds me of the classic Sachs Dolmar look- particularly the top cover and filter area. For a visual comparison, look at my 120si......mail-7.jpeg
The goofy look of the 562 is a visual negative- it reminds me of a hightop sneaker (as lamented by others in the orig Mastermind meets the 562 thread). If one opts to spend more on the 562 for the 1 sec difference- def the 2260 is the better lookin saw.

I agree. It was a major factor in sending my 562xp down the road. I much prefer the "classic" saw look. I like a fast zippy limber, but when I get into larger cuts- I prefer torque over chain speed. Chain speed is going to fade in a big cut to a degree. On the other hand, torque is what drives the chain. I like my saws to run like my diesel trucks- butt loads of torque and pulling might. No they wont beat a Corvette off the line, but yes they will pull a house off it's foundation.

I agree. It was a major factor in sending my 562xp down the road. I much prefer the "classic" saw look. I like a fast zippy limber, but when I get into larger cuts- I prefer torque over chain speed. Chain speed is going to fade in a big cut to a degree. On the other hand, torque is what drives the chain. I like my saws to run like my diesel trucks- butt loads of torque and pulling might. No they wont beat a Corvette off the line, but yes they will pull a house off it's foundation.
Yessir, you have hit the nail on the head.

F150, I'm constantly running out of them too! As soon as one guy buys one his neighbor turns up to shop his old saw in for one after seeing it in action!

the 6100 is a viable option to the 562 at a significant cost savings and for those that dont like bologna. 1 second behind and it is his first attempt..... Id say we have a winner.

If you buy a 6100 in lieu of the 562XP, you might not have to eat bologna either. Could probably opt for the 2.99 lb ham instead haha. Looks like a winner to me too :rock:

Now you know why I ask about torque earlier. Cookie cutting for times is fine for gtg's (been there done that). But when it comes time for real cutting give me torque.

Most impressive 60cc saw I have ran to date for torque was a 6000i.

What size carburettor does this saw have?

If you take a shot of the reed block with the reeds off, maybe the inside edges of the block under the reeds could be trimmed to give more area under the reeds. Not only will it increase the area, but also the response of the reeds (pressure differential spread over a larger area).

I notice the reed tips are flush on the surface of the block. If the reeds have a slight curvature (many do) you may be able to flip the reeds over so that the incoming air has less resistance to flow. If a reed has a slight gap under it on the block its not a biggie, the pressure differential will quickly close it so it doesn't leak - even at idle on a full reed engine.

Latest posts

Back