Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy and Jon move so quick it looks like five guys, three regular guys working and two teetering on genetically deficient chopstick legs...either way the work gets done.

But routinely gets his nads busted for being too slow? :msp_confused:

Lets have us some pie and biscuits while we wait...

apple-pie-with-ice-cream.jpg

Fresh-Homemade-Biscuits.jpg

I can't wait to visit the US to try some real sweet pie! We only have meat pies over here, as a matter of fact I am having a steak and mushroom pie right now.

But routinely gets his nads busted for being too slow? :msp_confused:

"work" sometimes means eating pie...I also hear he has found a way to increase productivity by improving his sideways balance and posture by carrying a Husky crank bearing in his shirt pocket.

So I have some Echo's. I like them. Japanese 2 strokes with pressed pin cranks need to be welded if you mod them. Doesn't matter if it's an old YZ or RM dirt bike, or a modern thingy. You build a pressed pin 2 stroke, you weld the crank.

I think the talk about weak motors is from a lack of torque? Most racers know that a single will make more torque than the same displacement twin or tripple down low, but ... The multi-cylinder motors will make more power as they will usually wind tighter and make more firing impulses per second. At some point they overtake the singles in raw power. Question is, can this one be brought up to that level?

I think this build is onto something. Ought to be fun when it gets running :)

Then there is the possibility of running it on RC fuel with two expansion chambers ... Say 20K rpms. Ought to make some crazy race motor :clap:

Any way, How is wiggs doing with your crank????? Ive been diein' to see a video!!!!!! This saw, a solo twin, and a dolmar rotary saw are my aaaaallllll time wish list saws. Oh yeah and a Contra.

Any way, How is wiggs doing with your crank????? Ive been diein' to see a video!!!!!! This saw, a solo twin, and a dolmar rotary saw are my aaaaallllll time wish list saws. Oh yeah and a Contra.

It may take a little while for Wiggs to get the crank done. There's a nice shop where he works but the plant comes first.

So I have some Echo's. I like them. ....

That's your problem, not much more to say about that.

I find it very hard to understand that someone can like a brand that either don't know how to port a cylinder decently, or disrespect their costumers enough to not care to do it. Putting clamshell style cylinders on saws that they claim are pro saws also show disrespect towards the costumers.
On top of all that, some (former no doubt) Echo dealers have stated that the brand is very arrogant towards their dealers, acting like they should be very happy to represent that brand. Of course I don't know what really was behind those statements....

A magnesium (sort of) crank case doesn't automatically make a saw a pro saw, when just about everything else is wrong. :msp_rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's your problem, not much more to say about that.

I find it very hard to understand that someone can like a brand that either don't know how to port a cylinder decently, or disrespect their costumers enough to not care to do it. Putting clamshell style cylinders on saws that they claim are pro saws also show disrespect towards the costumers.
On top of all that, some (former no doubt) Echo dealers have stated that the brand is very arrogant towards their dealers, acting like they should be very happy to represent that brand. Of course I don't know what really was behind those statements....

I'm not a big fan of Echo's either.
I just look at it this way,
Mastermind meets a two cylinder chainsaw.= Interesting.

I'm not a big fan of Echo's either.
I just look at it this way,
Mastermind meets a two cylinder chainsaw.= Interesting.

Yep, but it obviously is the wrong one, as I don't believe there are much hope for a good result from those cylinders.

Yep, but it obviously is the wrong one, as I don't believe there are much hope for a good result from those cylinders.

What would a "good" result be, in your opinion?

I'd be willing to make a friendly wager that there will be a significant improvement.:msp_biggrin:

Mike

How about a vid of another 2 cylinder chainsaw if Randy is not providing another video in the meantime. :laugh:

[video=dailymotion;xvj8hp]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvj8hp_dolmar-cc-2_auto[/video]

Latest posts

Back