Mastermind Meets The Echo CST-610EVL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but it obviously is the wrong one, as I don't believe there are much hope for a good result from those cylinders.

I disagree with that statement Niko. These saws have a closed port design with a domed piston. I may be wrong, but I think good gains are there for the taking. No matter the port timing in stock form the design allows for a good runner. Now the shared crankcase and single carb may not respond well to performance increases......we shall see. :laugh:

How about a vid of another 2 cylinder chainsaw if Randy is not providing another video in the meantime. :laugh:

[video=dailymotion;xvj8hp]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvj8hp_dolmar-cc-2_auto[/video]

That's a big saw!!!!! :msp_ohmy:

It sounds great though.

How about a vid of another 2 cylinder chainsaw if Randy is not providing another video in the meantime. :laugh:

[video=dailymotion;xvj8hp]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvj8hp_dolmar-cc-2_auto[/video]

I betcha that babys got more than one crank bearing.:msp_thumbup:

I'm thinking that is a home built job, very nice work on everything I can see but still a home fab unit.

Yep, but it obviously is the wrong one, as I don't believe there are much hope for a good result from those cylinders.

Niko, I think that Randy took on the 610EVL as a fun project. If I'm reading the relative posts (that takes some serious sifting) correctly, the owner sent the saw to Randy as something of an experiment, kind of a 'see what you do' deal.

Bisquits--Anybody got any milk/cream gravy to go with 'em? How about some scrambled eggs & thick sliced bacon?

Charles Webbster is actually Charles Webb, A/K/A dh1984.

Jon is Randy's SIL (already noted). Jon likes old magnesium saws, I think that he's building a nice collection of vintage Homelites.

The rumor, on a german thread, is that this model was developed exclusivly for the south american market and it's supposed to be made out of two 116 or 117 super. Real hard data has not been surficing sofar. That would be a lot of horse power.

Last edited:
Chris J., you hit the nail on the head!! The saw in this thread is mine and this was intended to be a "FUN" project for sure. I don't use this saw, it was bought on a whim. Rather than just being a shelf queen, Randy and I thought this would be an interesting project to say the least.

Having scored pistons kind of derailed the project somewhat, but all is good. The crankshaft work is being done as a precautionary step to the increased performance.

No matter what happens in the end, I will be happy. You can't see what can be done to increase power without some risk. I was willing to take that chance. It was all about the fun for me. Say what you want about this unorthadox project. It's all good. I have very thick skin.

Maybe so, but I believe that Randy will do what he can to make sure that this thing is a runner.
Looks like he is addressing the design flaws the best he can.

Yeah thats cool!
Looks like Mc Bobs Copperhead in a way.
I wonder if Aaen could make pipes for that, now that would be neat!

Niko, I think that Randy took on the 610EVL as a fun project. If I'm reading the relative posts (that takes some serious sifting) correctly, the owner sent the saw to Randy as something of an experiment, kind of a 'see what you do' deal.

Bisquits--Anybody got any milk/cream gravy to go with 'em? How about some scrambled eggs & thick sliced bacon?

Charles Webbster is actually Charles Webb, A/K/A dh1984.

Jon is Randy's SIL (already noted). Jon likes old magnesium saws, I think that he's building a nice collection of vintage Homelites.

Chris my friend, your powers of observation are quite astute. :laugh:

This saw's owner had knee surgery and thought this build and resulting thread would be entertaining........I hope we have provided that.

I hope to net some really good gains with this project......but most important in my little work saw building world is that the saw remains totally useable and is still durable. That's the reason we opted to have the crankshaft welded.

I may not always build the fastest saws there are out there.....having them last in a work environment is more important to me than total speed in the cut. I would rather leave some on the table than have the saw come apart in a few months.

Ambull (JP) sent his Echo twin here too.......when the object of this thread is complete we will have JP's stock saw to compare it to. That should tell us what we gained. I only hope we don't go backward. :D

On the biscuits......my wife makes these super light......hover over the plate type biscuits that are best served with butter and honey. Gravy is for fried potatoes.....and bacon rules.

..On the biscuits......my wife makes these super light......hover over the plate type biscuits that are best served with butter and honey. Gravy is for fried potatoes.....and bacon rules.

Honey is for bees. Biscuits are best covered with fresh churned butter and fresh-made cane syrup (no corn syrup, please!!)!!!

Honey is for bees. Biscuits are best covered with fresh churned butter and fresh-made cane syrup (no corn syrup, please!!)!!!

got to disagree with yall.
biscuits are BEST served under a laraping heap of sausage gravy. only to be eaten with honey or syrup if there's no gravy. definitely goes well with about a pound of juicy, not crisp, bacon though.

biscuits are BEST served under a laraping heap of sausage gravy. only to be eaten with honey or syrup if there's no gravy. definitely goes well with about a pound of juicy, not crisp, bacon though.

Bacon is good, but a spicey sausage is better. You get sweet, salty, and spicey...doesn't get any better.

I got y'all going, didn't I??

Bacon3.jpg

sausagesBig.jpg

sausagegravy.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is how you eat biscuits....wif molasses

biscuit.jpg

Who cares about the ####ing saw.:D

I got y'all going, didn't I??

Bacon3.jpg

Who cares about the ####ing saw.:D

that bacon is perfectly cooked and the b&g looks good too. they really hate to see me coming at the local buffet; always give everyone in my party first dibs before i hit the bacon cause their gonna have to cook some more. yes, now i'm hungry. what saw?

Last edited:
On the biscuits......my wife makes these super light......hover over the plate type biscuits that are best served with butter and honey. Gravy is for fried potatoes.....and bacon rules.

I have to disagree with all of you. We eat biscuits wit butter and maple syrup with sausage on the side. Real maple syrup not the fake ####! :msp_thumbsup:

377 posts (or so) and we haven't even started to reassemble the saw yet. I don't think Saw Troll minds one bit.

... but my 'bad' cholesterol has gone up 15 points by just reading this thread today. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back