Mastermind Meets The Husqvarna 3120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats good just dont touch your eyes.

looking forward to seeing the end product.

Do you have time to do some r and d for us? Just put in fingers and see how much gain there is. or make all the other changes test it then. put the fingers in and test.

i know it would be a lot of work.

maybe you have already done this

David

Well what I'm doing is adding fingers and 30psi.

Without having a big test log, or a 12 pin rim with matching bar to test it in smaller stuff I'm just gonna have to use the old "seat of the pants" test. Last year at the WKY GTG a real strong running 395 that I also built and this saw were about the same with 9 pin rims and 36" bars........hopefully these new mods will help this saw pull ahead.

it would definately depend how big they are.:smile2:

Since the uppers were widened in the first round of porting these fingers are just across the bridge feeding into the widened area of the uppers (which I've widened a little more now). They are 1/2" wide and about 1/4" deep in the middle of the trench.

i had a 250r engine once that had those ,was hard to ride ,flat like no one was home down low ,then a light switch came on and would take off ,good for the holeshot ,but wore you out everywhere else,if i remember right they were icicle shaped ,had a taper big at top ,smaller at bottom

Last edited:
Since the uppers were widened in the first round of porting these fingers are just across the bridge feeding into the widened area of the uppers (which I've widened a little more now). They are 1/2" wide and about 1/4" deep in the middle of the trench.

Dean (Klickitsackit) used to use those never tried that style.

It would seem that 2 intersecting streams would cause turbulence... No?

i had a 250r engine once that had those ,was hard to ride ,flat like no one was home down low ,then a light switch came on and would take off ,good for the holeshot ,but wore you out everywhere else,if i remember right they were icicle shaped ,had a taper big at top ,smaller at bottom

The beauty of saws is, there's no corners....:msp_wink:

It's all straight away's...

It would seem that 2 intersecting streams would cause turbulence... No?

Maybe........but one will be heading toward the back wall and the other upward. They meet at the intake end of the upper, so it may be a good sorta thing.

Or not. :laugh:

Last edited:
The beauty of saws is, there's no corners....:msp_wink:

It's all straight away's...

not much of an expantion chamber to adjust the power stages too,i do like tourque in a worksaw though ,don't like pipey that you cant lean on :msp_wink:

One thing that I was told by a guy that's a lot smarter than me was that more transfer area makes more power unless you kill velocity or run outta carb.

I'm still learning. :msp_unsure:

One thing that I was told by a guy that's a lot smarter than me was that more transfer area makes more power unless you kill velocity or run outta carb.

I'm still learning. :msp_unsure:

Sounds like sage advice...

Get the epoxy out Randy...
Time to stuff that case...
:dizzy:

What amazes me about these "simple" two stroke engines is how they each behave differently to the same mods. What works great on one can make another into a turd.......

I wish I knew even half of what I thought I did a couple of years ago. :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back