Mastermind Meets The MS362C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I do a thread on this topic?

• Total voters
I had to cut firewood with one of those Poulans when I first got married..........loud SOB.......

Yep. Definitely an ear buster!! Just a cast aluminum flange that is about 1.5" long to direct the exhaust out. You can look right into the piston/cylinder.

But it is a very cool saw! Was nice to run it. Makes me appreciate mine a little more ;)

I am looking forward to it, and those are the pluses. On the other side, I'm sure the 044/046/461 have more robust chassis that will hold up longer over time. I'm looking forward to the increased cut speed of the 362, but for serious bucking I will likely still break out a larger saw.

Chassis?? They r almost identical except for the anti vibration system. That can be alil weaker if u r heavy handed and horse the saw around. Ive worked on both styles bottom to top and personally I dont see the older models built any better?

Chassis?? They r almost identical except for the anti vibration system. That can be alil weaker if u r heavy handed and horse the saw around. Ive worked on both styles bottom to top and personally I dont see the older models built any better?

Yeah, Stihl has changed the look, but the overall quality and chassis of the Pro saws has been the same since the introduction of the later 0 series saws (024, 034, 038, 044, 046, 064, 066, etc).

The main two differences now, is the air filtration (far superior to the old saws) and the A/V (again, far superior to the older saws).

So I agree with KG441c. The quality, design, and overall workmanship is no less on a newer "Pro" saw.

Sorry Mike.. I normally agree with you on many things. But not this one.

Thanks bud.. How is the Dolly and 555?
They are really happy in their new home. l am kinda glad l got a tripple nickel in such nice condition rather than the 562xp that was on my radar. It sits next to my 550xp :)The saw is super smooth and a pleasure to run. The dolmar l have not used as much....but my buddy at Solo is seeing what he can do for me as far as a OEM 665/681 P&C so l can play saw builder one night and give that 6400 a slightly different personality. l figure its such a nice looker in red/black it deserves some love. l did well buying 2 saws in suchnice condition. My CAD bit me again today when l saw an add for a straight gassed near new Johnsered 2165 for $120 in online classifields. l bought it without negotiation as the seller described it as a vitually new saw. lt is coming from interstate (Tasmania) little island at bottom of Aussie map. lt a nice feeling when you have saws on the way.

They are really happy in their new home. l am kinda glad l got a tripple nickel in such nice condition rather than the 562xp that was on my radar. It sits next to my 550xp :)The saw is super smooth and a pleasure to run. The dolmar l have not used as much....but my buddy at Solo is seeing what he can do for me as far as a OEM 665/681 P&C so l can play saw builder one night and give that 6400 a slightly different personality. l figure its such a nice looker in red/black it deserves some love. l did well buying 2 saws in suchnice condition. My CAD bit me again today when l saw an add for a straight gassed near new Johnsered 2165 for $120 in online classifields. l bought it without negotiation as the seller described it as a vitually new saw. lt is coming from interstate (Tasmania) little island at bottom of Aussie map. lt a nice feeling when you have saws on the way.

Glad they are doing well and you are still bit with a good case of CAD!! LOL..

The 665 is a great saw. I think it's a little stronger than a 6400, but not much.

Because the Solo has a longer stroke, you will need to do some machine work to the cylinder. But if you got a 681 cylinder on the Dolly? She would be a screamer. Hope your buddy comes through for you.

Glad you are enjoying them.

Cheers bud!

Back