Mastermind Meets The MS441C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting closer.....

I like using hand tools to tighten everything up.....you just know when It just feels right.

Note the routing of the wires.

Setting the gap. This card is .010....and yes, they do vary.

Nice work and Photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as always.

I for one KNEW you would be back!

We is all frustrated, but the fact remains if you google sumthin about chainsaws, it will lead you here eh?

The kill switch wire.....

Now back in there, on the right hand side of the carb is a white hicky with a fork on it. Make damn sure it mates to the carb correctly. I missed that on the first one of these I did.....and the saw was very hard to start. It is a fast idle setting of sorts.....

OMG...... Randy you work fast...... I just came back from breakfast and turned on my laptop and see your new thread.
Unbeliveable, you and your wife made this thread this morning. I bow three times to you. In our culture it means
great respect. The pictures are worth a thousand words. I have never seen the inside of a 441 stratified motor... I like the trough idea, about flow....
I have seen that tube on your bench many times, but never knew what it is or used for. The tube that puzzled me was
labeled Poly Si.... never knew what it did or used for. I learn something new everyday and that is why I really enjoy your threads.
Thanks Mr Mastermind.........

Here's little trick that helps get the drum on a little easier. Just leave the bearing out while installing it. That way you can move it around to help clear the band, and find the oil pump drive.

Then spin the drum while you push in the bearing.

I let little Pudgy (my wife's nickname) go back in the house here. Her knee has been giving her a really hard time, and I could tell she was hurting. So the picture taking is much worse from here on. :(

Here's how I do a 441 muffler. I've tried sevreal different ways, but this is what I've settled on, for now at least.

Stock outlet.

Molested.

I use a long burr to get way back in here and really open it up. The bottom hole is a straight shot out.

These pics ain't easy to do alone. :D

Where's the videos?:popcorn::popcorn:

I guess I need to make another trip down there in the near future. :chop:

Latest posts

Back