• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Mastermind/Murphed/Scored 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stankers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A little history of the saw....bought the saw off ebay about two years ago from an AS member(Elect4856) or something along those lines. He might be able to give you some more info on the history during his ownership.
I put about two tanks of fuel through the saw before it scored. I sent the saw to Neal Murphy and he deleted the base gasket, muffler modded, and put a new watsonr piston in it. Saw ran great for about 10 tanks and the piston scored again.
At this point I should have cut ties with the saw, but when it runs it's the only saw I want to use.
I decided I was gonna sink some more cash into it and I sent it off to mastermind to have it ported and fixed for what I thought was gonna be the last time. I probably had about 10 tanks through the saw before the piston scored again this weekend.
I'm defeated, but the last 5 of those 10 tanks were pretty freakin awesome.
There is obviously a problem somewhere in the saw. I think it was maybe Neal who upgraded the clip around the intake. Had the local Husky dealer go through the whole fuel systems. New lines filer etc. I use ethanol free fuel and premium mix around 38-40 to 1. I'm Not a two cycle genius mechanic, but I have about 10 other chainsaws and a number of weedeaters/blowers/edgers and I've never scored a piston until this 346.
Here are some pics but one of the muffler bolts is stripped and I couldn't get a piston pic. Probably the only pic y'all really want to see.
Open to all offers and trades.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 200
Not to try to poke sticks but I'd talk to the folks who built it before before dropping their name(s) and saying it's fubarred... At least give them an opportunity to look at it and see. Otherwise it kind of implies that it was their fault. Not trying to cast stones and I do feel for you as a broken 346xp IS a tragedy. I miss mine...

Not to try to poke sticks but I'd talk to the folks who built it before before dropping their name(s) and saying it's fubarred... At least give them an opportunity to look at it and see. Otherwise it kind of implies that it was their fault. Not trying to cast stones and I do feel for you as a broken 346xp IS a tragedy. I miss mine...

Totally not trying to call anybody out. If it came off like that I certainly apologize. I was just trying to give some history on the saw so any potential buyer knows what they are getting into.

Is it this saw? If so I put it up for sale on 12-16-12. I do believe Nmurph and myself did some trading on that saw. I ran it at 32:1 with Formula K2. Compression was 150+ when I had it and it never missed a beat. Sorry to hear you have had so many problems with it. Randy notice anything wrong with it? Bad seals? air leak else where?100_0896.JPG 100_0898.JPG 100_0899.JPG 100_0901.JPG 100_0900.JPG 100_0905.JPG 100_0903.JPG

I've done so many saws. :laugh:

I did one for a Steven F that had an aftermarket top end when it arrived. We replaced that with a used OEM jug and a Meteor piston.

It had a torn intake boot.

Is that this saw?

Latest posts

Back