• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Mastermind/Murphed/Scored 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did I miss this thread???? Musta had my head in the mud. I remember selling a saw to Joe, and I remember putting the Weedeaterman P/C kit on it for Steven. I would bet my left man-ball that it had new seals, fuel line, and filter when it went to Joe. If anyone involved needs anything for this saw, let me know.

Randy, let me know if you need parts...gotta shelf full of NE pistons.

Well I know who to send a saw to when I need work done in the future! Some stand up fellas right here. I might be making a move on a local 346xp, I hope I don't have the issues the OP had, but IF I do, I know where to send it! Bravo. Hope you get the bugs out of that saw and get it screaming again.

Neal's a Good Dude.Bought the 036 Back from him in the Spring for my Buddy Steve to replace his MS390 he was trying to Log with.Him and his son where Cutting out Fence Rows and on Bucking up the second tree it Locked up tight.After I had torn it Down I found that it had the Shielded Bearings in it where Stihl had installed for a short time.The Bearings had caused Crud to build up in the Seal lips causing an Air leak.I could tell from the Scoring on the Piston from the exhaust side all of the way to the clutch side transfer.Intake side and Flywheel side of the Piston was like brand new.The 036 Had Very Low Hours on it so I knew that it wasn't Neal's Fault and I knew it wasn't my Buddy's fault because he is Anal about Oil and Gas like I am and I had retuned it and Noodled Several Blocks of Firewood with it and it was running very well.
Contacted Neal and He sent out a Replacement Piston.I'm doing the Rebuild for experience and my buddy Gladly bought replacement Bearings and Seals.I've been working on it as I get time but I misplaced one of the Bearings but put another on order the other day Just in case the Lost one doesn't turn up.
Anyway I would be more than willing to buy any saw from Neal and Many other Members from this board.

Good read, Good people. Glad to hear it's headed home soon,and will cut yet again.

I feel like a video is necessary of this saw cutt'n just to satisfy the time invested in this saga... ;)

almost feel as if this was scripted in Hollywood. brings a tear to a grown mans eye. well, almost....

Back