Mastermind Worksaws Finally Gets More Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, check those stripper arms the one on the right looks pretty loose. Hard to tell in them picture. If those are loose you will break bilhooks very quick further more always carry a spare one.

The arms are adjusted by way of hammer most of the time. The best way to set them is a note card if it fits between the bilhook and stripper arm you almost may be too far apart if it fits but Mars it pretty bad that seems to be perfect

Magnum783: for some reason it's what the farmer wanted.

These guys are David Martin mennonites.

I was hired to bale for them with tractor and baler while they do the manual work.

They even take the full wagons with a team of draft horses.

3,500 bales went through that day.

I just sit and move a few levers and a steering wheel.... :barbecue:

The arms are adjusted by way of hammer most of the time. The best way to set them is a note card if it fits between the bilhook and stripper arm you almost may be too far apart if it fits but Mars it pretty bad that seems to be perfect

I'll check that. :)

Magnum783: for some reason it's what the farmer wanted.

These guys are David Martin mennonites.

I was hired to bale for them with tractor and baler while they do the manual work.

They even take the full wagons with a team of draft horses.

3,500 bales went through that day.

I just sit and move a few levers and a steering wheel.... :barbecue:
Did you bring your sombrero that Deere hath no cab.

I'll check that. :)
Biggest thing is the gap it too tight it cuts the strings instead of pull them off if it's too loose it doesn't get then off at all and then bilhook a break faster than anyone can build them. Google bailer parts karney Nebraska there is a place
There that builds amazing reman parts and unlike in saws lots of the aftermarket parts are better than oem.

I will check with my father but I am quite sure that is them. When it comes to a square bailer they are to a square bailer what you are to a chain saw. They build some of the best needles ever installed. You have my number call with any questions I have torn one of those little ones apart dozens of times

That arm is indeed malleable and you bend it to get it adjusted. If you take out the bottom bolt, you can lift the whole knotter on that side up. Once you lift it, you can check the sweep of the wiper across the bottom of the bill hook. It should rub but not scrape. If there is too much clearance, the knot will hang and a birds nest of twine will suddenly appear .
Can't remember if I shared this vid earlier or not?

That arm is indeed malleable and you bend it to get it adjusted. If you take out the bottom bolt, you can lift the whole knotter on that side up. Once you lift it, you can check the sweep of the wiper across the bottom of the bill hook. It should rub but not scrape. If there is too much clearance, the knot will hang and a birds nest of twine will suddenly appear .
Can't remember if I shared this vid earlier or not?

Well said friend I completely forgot about pulling the knotter up. I have a J hook I built especially for pull them up that way I don't get my paws wrapped up in the knotter.

Magnum783: I wore my regular hat. I actually prefer tractors without cabs.

I hate A/C. I've found its so much easier to get used to the temperature than to fight it.....

Here's an example in the winter up north.... My personal tractor has no cab either and I blow snow for customers...

This pic is after 4 hours of clearing snow. Only lumber jacket, jeans and snowmobile boots.

That's at -20°c or -4°f.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back