Mastermind worksaw's picture thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to some feedback on the 661s I've been doing. The first couple I did got gains.......but nothing like these last ones. Chad's saw made number 14.......and each batch is a little better than the last. His saw made me really happy......I think I'm done tweaking now.

I couldn't get over the torque, i was cutting 24" hard oak running the 28" full chisel and I couldnt slow the dang thing down lol.

Just for the sake of conversation... Who would want one of your first 13 saws if they aren't as good as #14? No shade implied, just sparking conversation... Does this mean #1-13 were paying for R&D saws...? Again, just for the sake of conversation.

That's a good topic for discussion......and should be kicked around.

Just like anyone doing anything......the more I do, the better I get.

The first one I did didn't really suit me. I bought another jug and redid it. That made two I ported. The third one I did for free. Remember the Chitty Avatar Raffle?

By the time I got to the fourth one I was pretty sure of exactly what I wanted to do. That's when I started using epoxy in the intake. Since then I've just been varying the timing numbers a degree or two so I can dial it in just so.

The saws I did four years ago are no where near as strong as the saws I'm building today. Does that mean they are weak, or slow? Not at all.......but they are different.

When the MS261C first came out I did the first one for free. I ended up getting well over a 40% gain in cut speed. Yet I still tweaked that recipe over the next dozen or so saws.....

We all have to start somewhere.

Cooll! That's the way it should be. (P.S. please don't add extra turds to my MS361 when you get it later this year... ;-) ) I'm just stirring up the pot. Your integrity and skill is absolutely top notch with me.

Cooll! That's the way it should be. (P.S. please don't add extra turds to my MS361 when you get it later this year... ;-) ) I'm just stirring up the pot. Your integrity and skill is absolutely top notch with me.

I've been working for myself since I was 19. I've had a few "jobs" up never anything that lasted.......I always ended up going back out on my own. Over the years I've learned that people want to know that the person they hire to do a job is completely transparent. If you want people to trust you you have to tell it like it is.......good, bad, and sometimes ugly.

Of course the saws will get better and better when a new model comes out........but if I build you a turd, I will make it right. :laugh:

We
Muh 361 in a nice pecan
emoji4.png
emoji4.png

9b571f6596de51753ba74d586de45471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have much Pecan around here. It looks a lot like cherry to me.

Customary picture of my latest Mastermind worksaw, 661c, fresh out of the box.

Have to get it suited up and ready for tomorrow. Going to kill some trees, and make a video. I was impressed with this saw when stock, but can only imagine it now, dont think I will be getting a whole lot of sleep tonight,,,, rock on Randy, thanks for the saw!!

DSCN0219.JPG

just out of curiosity reading the last page of this thread, what number/batch was my 661?

edit,

lucky #13, LOL :)

I remember a guy that ran around with my dad........had 13 1/2 tattooed on his arm. I asked him.......hey what's that 13 1/2 mean. He said "Well you know son, you go to court........you got 12 jurors, one judge, and a 1/2 ass chance".

Back