"MAX" wall mount chain sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave k

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have done a search of old posts and a Google search for info on a MAX auto chain sharpener but have come up blank. It is a wall mount unit with electric grinder and has an air system to move the chain and grinder head, any one have one or used one ? I've been offered one that is new and has been in a store for some time. It would be nice to do my carbide chains if it is any good and grinder discs can be obtained ? Thanks.

I have done a search of old posts and a Google search for info on a MAX auto chain sharpener but have come up blank. It is a wall mount unit with electric grinder and has an air system to move the chain and grinder head, any one have one or used one ? I've been offered one that is new and has been in a store for some time. It would be nice to do my carbide chains if it is any good and grinder discs can be obtained ? Thanks.
Try spelling it 'Maxx" when searching. Suppose to be good grinders.

I've got a Maxx grinder and although it is not air operated,it is an auotmatic locking grinder in the fact that as you pull the head down to the chain,it is made to clamp down each time instead of you having to manualy clamp each time.zzzzi've had it 2 years now and like it. Scott

Thanks guys but got the rest of the info today.It's a "Mini Max" auto sharpener made by RUNNZELL AB of Malmo Sweden, can sharpen all chainsaw and harvester chains just enter in the number of drive links and how much to grind and press a button and it gets on with it ! If any one has used one or knows someone with one let me know if they are any good and rough price paid ? Thanks

Latest posts

Back