May be a rumor about firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever notice how concerned they are about insects and how little concern about the people crossing our southern border who might be Islamic terrorists armed with biological weapons? And I do support restrictions on firewood movement if it will save the ash tree. Losing the chestnut was bad enough. I've also noticed many of our exotic pests originated with government agencies. Go figger

Nixon a saint, yet you cite Constitutional authority? I guess you dropped the bar just a tad!

How many pests were introduced by the government. I know of the grass carp and asian lady beetles.

ahhh... argueing politics. lol. I love it... the real question is~ which one are you? the liars and thieves that steal our money?? OR... the other side... the OTHER liars and thieves that steal our money? pick one!!!
are your a dummy-crat OR a retard-ican? lmho!!!!

I guess that I am in the clear since I only move my firewood about 200 yards.

Nixon a saint, yet you cite Constitutional authority? I guess you dropped the bar just a tad!

How many pests were introduced by the government. I know of the grass carp and asian lady beetles.
I'm not the guy that called Nixon a saint but I'll throw Johnson grass and kudzu as more government introduced exotics. It's a long list. I'll also add that the USDA distributed booklets about farming the Great Plains that led to the dust bowls of the 30's because "rain would follow the plow" TRUE.

OK, geography ain't my strong suit, but what part of Maine are you from that is 35 miles from western Mass ? :popcorn:

Guess I should have been more specific. EAB was found and verified in Concord NH. - 35 miles from the Maine border. EAB was ALSO found in western Ma.( which isn't 35 miles from the Maine border) :givebeer:

Okay; is this a EAB ? 3" long. Several will be found in one big elm tree. They are dying. I suppose from these big guys.
treecarpenterworm0141.jpg

EAB larvae.jpg Oklahoma is not on the list of EAB infections. This is the EAB larvae in the most destructive stage of development. Supposedly they prefer ash only.

Both fly and wind carries them a long way. City/County of Milwaukee is systematically removing every ash tree, grinding them up and replacing same with something else. One of my customers has a contract with the city to that end which is how I know about it. There are huge chip piles over on the county grounds off Watertown Plank Rd. Awful lot of board feet being wasted, all that chipped stuff could also be converted to biomass compressed fuel as well. As usual knee jerk reaction with no foresight as to a bit of cost reclaiming.

ahhh... argueing politics. lol. I love it... the real question is~ which one are you? the liars and thieves that steal our money?? OR... the other side... the OTHER liars and thieves that steal our money? pick one!!!
are your a dummy-crat OR a retard-ican? lmho!!!!
:clap::clap::clap: nailed it!!!

Both fly and wind carries them a long way. City/County of Milwaukee is systematically removing every ash tree, grinding them up and replacing same with something else. One of my customers has a contract with the city to that end which is how I know about it. There are huge chip piles over on the county grounds off Watertown Plank Rd. Awful lot of board feet being wasted, all that chipped stuff could also be converted to biomass compressed fuel as well. As usual knee jerk reaction with no foresight as to a bit of cost reclaiming.
that's most gov for yah.. do first,think later!!!!

Pesticide spraying is about the only thing that is effective so far, which obviously is not feasible on heavily forested land. Adults can fly 1/2 mile on their own power and females lay up to 100 eggs in their lifetime. Hundreds of these traps hanging in Maine forests. All they do is show if the EAB has arrived. Doesn't do much good if there is no plan of action in place. PurpleTrap070b.jpg

Back