Mc Cullogh Timber bear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms310

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can some one tell me where to find a bar for a McCullough Timber bear? I have looked all over locally, even went on line to a couple of places, and have no luck, the only ones I have found are not for the timber bear. I am looking for a 20" 3/8 50.
If this is not the right place to ask, moderator please feel free to move to the appropriate location. THanks

just go to your local hardware store, bars and chains for the timber bear is the same set up as the mcculloch 600 series. so a 16inch bar and chain como is D60, 18inch is D66, 20inch is D70, and the the 24inch bar and chain is 81 drivers assuming that your saw is running 3/8 chain and bar

the oregon bar is D70 thats if you buy the combo or bar or chain seperatly at your local hardware store. I am running 20in. and 24in. bars on my Mac 610 which uses the same sutup as your Timber Bear

Last edited:
Ok, I cant believe it is that easy to find, I took it too my stihl dealer who i consider to be saw knowledgeable, and he said he could get one 4 weeks ago, but it is on back order, I asked him to look into a different kind and he did but, back ordered on that one also. If you guys are sure this is the bar I need I will get one ordered, but hate to have to pay shipping to send it back if it isnt correct. The guy up town told me he couldnt get one, and the two on the internet were trying to sell me bars for stihls, that I know wont fit because mine dont fit on it. It isnt my saw, just a friends so I dont know much about it but, matched it up to my stihl chain, and seems to be the same chain, just need the bar so I can get my friends saw back to him so he doesnt keep borrowing mine.:chainsawguy:

was the stock bar a 50 or 58 gauge?

Dont know for sure but, seems to be the same chain as mine which is a 50 EDITED
LOOKED BACK AT MY emails to the guys off the internet, and it looks like it was actually smaller than mine ( my chain wont fit in the bar) so would the 58 be thinner, like wire the smaller the number the bigger it is?

Last edited:
Dont know for sure but, seems to be the same chain as mine which is a 50 EDITED
LOOKED BACK AT MY emails to the guys off the internet, and it looks like it was actually smaller than mine ( my chain wont fit in the bar) so would the 58 be thinner, like wire the smaller the number the bigger it is?

its actually the opposite, othe smaller the gauge the thinner the drivers are on the chain, .o43 is the smallest which is on small gas and electric saws, 050 is the most popular on most gas saws, when you get in to .058 and .063 you are more likely to find those on stihl and huskies or on some of the longer bars

Back